By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OMG no cut price for Europe, BUT Starter Pack

Well, I can confirm that in Denmark, this "promotion" (or whatever it is they call it) is already working. They give you a standalone PS3 box (same box as before), plus the games and the controller taped to the box :D Saw it at two EBgames stores already.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Rofl X D.

They put here the games in plastic bags same with the controller

konnichiwa said:
Rofl X D.

They put here the games in plastic bags same with the controller

Well, at least they did something. Just returning from the biggest reseller here, there are still tons of "old" PS3 boxes stocked in the shops (and the shops are being replenished with the new starter packs). So what is the reseller going to do with all the old boxes?  It seems Sony Switzerland is doing nothing to remedy the problem - nice marketing strategy to screw your most important customer..

What if I want different games, or not at all? I should be given the money to go and spend on two games of my choice i.e. a price cut. £425 is more like $820 than $599 and they could drop it from £425 to £250 ($499) and then it would even compete with the Wii (£179) and 360 (£199) while being roughly the same cost to them as the US.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Game_boy said:

£425 is more like $820 than $599 and they could drop it from £425 to £250 ($499) and then it would even compete with the Wii (£179) and 360 (£199) while being roughly the same cost to them as the US.

Explanation - Taxes blah blah higher retailer margins blah blah blah higher distribution costs blah blah Sony screwing European customers a bit but not that much blah blah blah blah blah.

If it was annoying to read the previous paragraph, now you know how it feels to hear the same false claims and theories based on currency conversion every day.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957