By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project H.A.M.M.E.R. Hammered???

It's looking iffy ...

From article: 

AMN: Why are games like Disaster and Project H.A.M.M.E.R. not being shown?

Beth Llewelyn: We shifted development resources. However, Disaster: Day of Crisis is still in development and coming along nicely.

AMN: So is Project H.A.M.M.E.R. canceled?

Llewelyn: Development resources have been shifted for the time being, but it may come back. But right now, it's not a focus of ours.

Click thru for entire interview: http://wii.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=10424

Around the Network

Can't say I'm suprised (or bothered) by the lack of HAMMER. But it is odd that they didn't show Disaster. Especially since Nintendo bought Monolith.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Dont care about hammer. Disaster always looked better, at least for me.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Yea HAMMER kinda always looked eh anyways. It will be a good game I am sure I just haven't seen anything that really made me want it yet.

Well they didn't show Super Smash Bros Brawl for more than 15 seconds...

They didn't show a lot of stuff...I'm sure Disaster will get some coverage in the next month or so.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

True Ben. But at least we've seen Smash Bros a fair bit lately. There's barely been any Disaster info since the last E3. I'm just wondering what the big secret is.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I really don't expect to see many, if any, new IP's in the traditional vain of gaming given what Nintendo focused on in their E3 keynote. Expect more stuff like WiiFit, Wii Music, etc.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

By the way, neither Disaster nor Project Hammer have entries in Nintendo's media site anymore. Just sayin'. ;>

I hope we hear an official statement on Project Hammer sometimes. I think Nintendo expected a lot of this title, they even printed pictures of it into the prospects that came along with the Wii launch games.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

since it looks like I am the only one who wanted Project Hammer it seems to be a good idea not to focus on it, not for me though I though it had good potetial in showing some great motion action in a adventure game, but if they wheren´t making progress and the gameplay got dull it might be better this way, I hope it comes back with a better look and some good multiplayer, hammering on each other would be fun, I do think Nintendo could use some new IPs that are not made for the broad audience but I can see why they aren´t focusing on it right now. As soon as Galaxy hits the market I will have forgotten all about this anyway.