By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project H.A.M.M.E.R. Hammered???

DKII said:
By the way, neither Disaster nor Project Hammer have entries in Nintendo's media site anymore. Just sayin'. ;>

Dun Dun Dunnnnnn

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
I really don't expect to see many, if any, new IP's in the traditional vain of gaming given what Nintendo focused on in their E3 keynote. Expect more stuff like WiiFit, Wii Music, etc.

Actually, Nintendo only released information on two new games: Mario Kart Wii and Wii fit. If you're going to complain that there aren't many new hardcore games revealed at E3, then there aren't many casual games revealed, either, and your real complaint is that Nintendo did not reveal many new games at all.

Watch the news summit again, please. I don't understand how people are getting this impression that it was "all about the casual gamer". Reggie said, multiple times, that they are focused on the casual and core gamers. Casual and core, casual and core. He clearly was repeating it on purpose. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:
akuma587 said:
I really don't expect to see many, if any, new IP's in the traditional vain of gaming given what Nintendo focused on in their E3 keynote. Expect more stuff like WiiFit, Wii Music, etc.

Actually, Nintendo only released information on two new games: Mario Kart Wii and Wii fit. If you're going to complain that there aren't many new hardcore games revealed at E3, then there aren't many casual games revealed, either, and your real complaint is that Nintendo did not reveal many new games at all.

Watch the news summit again, please. I don't understand how people are getting this impression that it was "all about the casual gamer". Reggie said, multiple times, that they are focused on the casual and core gamers. Casual and core, casual and core. He clearly was repeating it on purpose.

You should seriously work for Nintendo PR because you are great at spinning the fact that there is only 1 real game announced for next year by Nintendo into being 50% of their focus lol...

While literally what you're saying is true, you have to admit that is a pretty sad display of new offerings. 

They didn't show lots of titles... maybe holding off for next year, when the competition gets more fierce. And honestly, there are PLENTY of titles being released on all platforms this year.

Nintendo's main issue at the moment is still manufacturing - then can worry about games when demand actually reaches supply.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

ckmlb said:
Bodhesatva said:
akuma587 said:

You should seriously work for Nintendo PR because you are great at spinning the fact that there is only 1 real game announced for next year by Nintendo into being 50% of their focus lol...

While literally what you're saying is true, you have to admit that is a pretty sad display of new offerings.

Oh noes! Nintendo will never get another opportunity to announce another game ever again. It's over. Window closed. That's it. Game over, man! Game over!

Current systems owned: Wii, 360. I'll get a PS3 when hell freezes over!... or when the price drops to a reasonable level. Whichever comes first.

Around the Network

Truthfully what new things did you guys expect? If your saying that nintendo forgot about the hardcore gamers than what about Metroid Prime 3, Brawl and Galaxy? Hardcore wii owners will be satisfied with this Holiday season for sure along with the hope of Mario Kart Wii which will be online. All nintendo showed new was Mario Kart and WiiFit. The Hardcore is good for this Holiday season and now the Casual will be good for this holiday season with WiiFit. Nintendo is keeping Casual and Hardcore good as of now, and you have no reason to say they aren't keeping things even, unless you're going to use "speculation".

As for Project H.A.M.M.E.R., games get "hammered" all the time, but its great news that a new potentially hardcore IP is in the works and is in good progress (Day of Crisis). All i see here is naive, ignorant complaining and fanboism. Just what i think anyways.

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

How about (gasp!) a new IP that isn't strictly aimed at casuals (Wii Sports, WiiFit, etc.) i.e. a "real" game. I will go ahead and count Wii Sports, but Wii Fit doesn't exactly fit the criteria. It's not really that hard. Sony and Microsoft (who supposedly aren't that innovative) can do it.

Sony: Infamous, Uncharted, Echochrome, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Little Big Planet, Folklore, White Knight Story, and counting ones already released this generation, Resistance and Motorstorm. I think I forgot a few as well on the PSN like Flow, Calling all Cars, Pain, etc.

Microsoft: Mass Effect, Crackdown, Alan Wake, Too Human, Vampire Rain (still counts even if bad), Shadowrun, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, etc. I don't know their list of games as well as I do Sony's but those titles alone substantially outweigh the amount of fresh IP's Nintendo has produced.

Nintendo - rehashed IP's versus new ones on the Wii.

Rehashed:
Legend of Zelda: TP
Fire Emblem
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime
Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
probably some more I am missing

New IP's:

Wii Sports
Wii Music (haven't heard from this one in awhile)
Project H.A.M.M.E.R. (o wait...)
Disaster (o wait...)
WarioWare Smooth Moves (uses the Wario name, but I will count it cause it is different)
Wii Fit

There you have it. Feel free to add any if I missed some, particularly on the Nintendo side, cause I would like to hear some more. No seriously, I am asking you to. D.S. games aside (which have, even if they aren't traditional, seen some new IP's like Nintendogs, Brain Age, etc. although there are plenty of remakes like all of the N64 rehashes), Nintendo has not been as creative as people give them credit for.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Punch Rockgroin said:
ckmlb said:
Bodhesatva said:
akuma587 said:

Oh noes! Nintendo will never get another opportunity to announce another game ever again. It's over. Window closed. That's it. Game over, man! Game over!

That's exactly what Isaid. Exactly those words.

I am hoping to hear about the new actual game from the Monolith guys at TGS.

Me too, ckmlb, the Xenosaga series was incredible.  I hope Nintendo doesn't stifle their creativity.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson