By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project H.A.M.M.E.R. Hammered???

akuma587 said:
How about (gasp!) a new IP that isn't strictly aimed at casuals (Wii Sports, WiiFit, etc.) i.e. a "real" game. I will go ahead and count Wii Sports, but Wii Fit doesn't exactly fit the criteria. It's not really that hard. Sony and Microsoft (who supposedly aren't that innovative) can do it.

Sony: Infamous, Uncharted, Echochrome, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Little Big Planet, Folklore, White Knight Story, and counting ones already released this generation, Resistance and Motorstorm. I think I forgot a few as well on the PSN like Flow, Calling all Cars, Pain, etc.

Microsoft: Mass Effect, Crackdown, Alan Wake, Too Human, Vampire Rain (still counts even if bad), Shadowrun, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, etc. I don't know their list of games as well as I do Sony's but those titles alone substantially outweigh the amount of fresh IP's Nintendo has produced.

Nintendo - rehashed IP's versus new ones on the Wii.

Rehashed:
Legend of Zelda: TP
Fire Emblem
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime
Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
probably some more I am missing

New IP's:

Wii Sports
Wii Music (haven't heard from this one in awhile)
Project H.A.M.M.E.R. (o wait...)
Disaster (o wait...)
WarioWare Smooth Moves (uses the Wario name, but I will count it cause it is different)
Wii Fit

There you have it. Feel free to add any if I missed some, particularly on the Nintendo side, cause I would like to hear some more. No seriously, I am asking you to. D.S. games aside (which have, even if they aren't traditional, seen some new IP's like Nintendogs, Brain Age, etc. although there are plenty of remakes like all of the N64 rehashes), Nintendo has not been as creative as people give them credit for.

First of all i have no idea why you stated "o wait..." next to Disaster.

Secondly you and i both know that alot of the games that you mentioned aren't first party titles. So are you blaming Nintendo for not having 3rd party titles for the Hardcore?

Now to everybody: What i'm saying is that the Hardcores can look forward to thier 3 main games Brawl, Metroid and Galaxy this year and have thier hopes up high for Mario Kart Wii (online) as well as Disaster while the hardcores only have one main game announced (WiiFit) and nothing announced for them to look forward to. Yet Nintendo is abandoning thier traditional gamers.

Seriously people need calm down. Nintendo isn't even 50-50 with thier support for casuals and traditionals yet, but to the ignorant, the naive, the fanboys, or any other average person nintendo is abandoning thier faithful base. WTF.

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

Around the Network

Hopefully Momolith can create something new. I'd have to agree, while they are great at pushing old IP they stick at just making something new ones. Well, at least ones with developed characters and story(Pikmin was the last one).

Sistart is still on. Only problem is I liked H.A.M.M.E.R. more. Maybe it will come back, but who's to say. Wonder what Retro will make after MP3. Maybe they can make a new IP.

ckmlb what the hell is your point? MS announced two new crap games, Nintendo announced two new games, Sony announced one new game. Why are you daring to criticize Nintendo for not showing anything new? Nobody did.

DKII said:
ckmlb what the hell is your point? MS announced two new crap games, Nintendo announced two new games, Sony announced one new game. Why are you daring to criticize Nintendo for not showing anything new? Nobody did.

'Cause they weren't shooters?

Current systems owned: Wii, 360. I'll get a PS3 when hell freezes over!... or when the price drops to a reasonable level. Whichever comes first.

DKII said:

Sony showed one new game, but they showed us Killzone which actually met expectations and they have two brand new timed exclusives.

MS announced to crap games as you said and Nintendo announced Mario Kart Wii that we already knew about and a fitness board.

So you're saying they all did bad? I totally disagree but that's your opinion.

And Punch Rockgroin you don't know anything about me and now are making me out to be a shooter only fan which is really sad as that's not even my favorite genre.

Of course I can expect no more than someone who's just out to bash my posts in defense of the big N. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

And Nintendo showed Galaxy. With a friggin Bee suit, and some kind of Boo outfit. More than we saw out of Killzone, which was pretty much just graphics.

You specifically criticized that nothing new was shown. Well Sony didn't show anything new either, just the same lineup of games we've been hearing about since *last* E3. Heck Killzone 2 was from 2 years ago -- how many games are you going to actually get to play if they all take 3 years to make?

Punch Rockgroin said:

'Cause they weren't shooters?

QFE

akuma587 said:
Me too, ckmlb, the Xenosaga series was incredible.  I hope Nintendo doesn't stifle their creativity.

I am confident that they won't.  I mean, really, Nintendo has a checkered past as far as stifling competition goes, but to my recollection they've always been solid as far as letting their people make great, creative games. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I heard some people are complaining Nintendo press conference is crap because all they showed is a "casual game" called WiiFit???

Either they are only seeing what they want to see.. or they have a very short term memory because during the press conference. Nintendo has demoed/showed/mentioned a lot of upcoming games: Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bro Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Mario and Sonic, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Ghost Squad, Medal of Honor, Dragon Quest Swords, Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker, Zelda Phantom Hourglass, Ninja Sigma Gaiden, Guitar Hero 3, Pokemon Wii, Mario strikers, SoulCaliber Legends, Brain Training 2, FIFA08, Madden08, MySims, MarioKart and i have probably missed quite a few. Now you probably won't be interested every single game in the list (neither do I) but that's just what Nintendo wants to show you, there are games for core gamers, there are games for casual gamers, there are traditional games and the "not-so-traditional" games for everyone. And there are actually a lot other Wii/DS games on display at e3 that they didn't even mention in the press: Harvest Moon Wii, NiGHTS, Crash of the Titans , Boogie, NBA Live 08, Smarty Pants, some Final Fantasy games, PQRS...etc. A lot of these are traditional games for core gamers and some of them are even exclusive Wii/DS games. And even for the games they showed us in the press conference, clearly they have a lot more material they can show us but didn't as you can find them from their press site/other websites. Clearly Nintendo took a different approach when they prepare the press conference and decided not to just include every games into their keynote, it's not because NINTENDO ONLY HAVE A CASUAL GAME CALLED "WII FIT" to show us.

Nintendo wants to put the focus on Wii Fit during the conference because they want to show us a new game that is different to most traditional games which fits the Nintendo "games for everyone" philosophy.

How come i don't see people complaining about MS is going to forget about their core gamers because they are releasing a new controller and game "Scene it" that is aimed towards casual gamers, and also a viva pinata mini game?

I see Nintendo has games for BOTH casual and core gamers.
But some people only see what he wants to see