By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - THEORY: Tales of Vesperia on PS3.... when no one cares.

makingmusic476 said:
SnakeEyez said:
Funny, cuz I care about ES (and know many others that do and will buy it for PS3) and from wat I see, ToV is a better game so I'm pretty sure that IF it were to come out for the PS3, me and the ppl that I know care about ES will care about ToV.

Day one, man.

Though I may be biased since I'm a musician. 

Tales of Vesperia looks great too, but I'd prefer Eternal Sonata out of the two at this point.

This is my opinion, and it's not in any way meant to detract from anyone elses. Please don't be offended or insulted by it. I've paid full price for both of these games, and have been a fan and staunch advocate of this genre since the SNES launched.

Believe me when I tell you this. After years and years of knowing this genre. ES isn't what you hope for. I would suggest not playing it to 360 owners. I wanted to like it. However, if you had already played both of those games, I guarntee you would vastly change your opinion.

ES isn't what you think. I have to say that the game was very dissapointing to me. I hate to say that about any game....just...well, all I'll say is don't get too excited about it. :(

Saying ES is better than ToV is like saying Xenosaga ep 1 is better than FFVII. Not that ToV is as good as FFVII, but the difference between them is the same. You'll see when both are on the PS3. You'll know then that I speak the truth.

My reasoning is that the combat system is very shallow, though fun at the beginning, the graphics are good, but the story is mediocre at best and the character development is near non-existant. It's very hard to keep yourself playing the game, and you can never really get that feeling of enjoyment that you expect out of most games of that genre. Don't get me wrong, I loved it for the first 10 hours, but then things started getting repetitive and I felt like I had to force myself to play through the game.

Vesperia, on the other hand, starts out slow and grows on you, till by the time you're at the end of the game, you love it as much as you've ever loved a videogame, in my experience. What I'm saying is, even if Vesperia sucked, ES would be worse....that's my opinion, and I've thoroughly played both of those titles with high hopes and stars in my eyes.

I don't just not recommend it. I warn you against it. Feelings and comparisons against ToV aside, I highly suggest at least renting this before you buy it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

We'll trade you ToV going multi-plat for WKS and/or FFvsXIII.

Deal?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Microsoft has invested alot into Vesperia in Japan. They even made a custom bundle with tons of stuff with it as well, and its selling well for Microsoft. I doubt they would let it go that quickly, but who knows. Its a pretty big deal for them over there it seems.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I care, I just want to be able to play the damn thing, screw console sales.

i dont think tales of vesperia will come to the ps3, i think the ps3 will get its own tales game. besides ppl who love rpg's, need to come to the reality that the king of rpg's this gen will be the 360 and not the ps3. all the big rpg's and all the small rpg's are coming to the 360 and not the ps3, if ppl think that tales of vesperia will come to the ps3 then it stands to reason that ffv13 will also come to the 360, why because if namcobandi loves money like square-enix then it will come. if ppl want too play tales of vesperia then get a 360 or just play what rpg comes to the ps3.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i dont think tales of vesperia will come to the ps3, i think the ps3 will get its own tales game. besides ppl who love rpg's, need to come to the reality that the king of rpg's this gen will be the 360 and not the ps3. all the big rpg's and all the small rpg's are coming to the 360 and not the ps3, if ppl think that tales of vesperia will come to the ps3 then it stands to reason that ffv13 will also come to the 360, why because if namcobandi loves money like square-enix then it will come. if ppl want too play tales of vesperia then get a 360 or just play what rpg comes to the ps3.

This will not end well. I think the PS3 will catch up, and I hope that ToV goes to PS3 and Verses comes to 360. It would be good for everyone, and Sony will eventually catch up more than likely and both consoles will eventually at least have solid rpg lineups, that is a certainty.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
makingmusic476 said:
SnakeEyez said:
Funny, cuz I care about ES (and know many others that do and will buy it for PS3) and from wat I see, ToV is a better game so I'm pretty sure that IF it were to come out for the PS3, me and the ppl that I know care about ES will care about ToV.

Day one, man.

Though I may be biased since I'm a musician. 

Tales of Vesperia looks great too, but I'd prefer Eternal Sonata out of the two at this point.

This is my opinion, and it's not in any way meant to detract from anyone elses. Please don't be offended or insulted by it. I've paid full price for both of these games, and have been a fan and staunch advocate of this genre since the SNES launched.

Believe me when I tell you this. After years and years of knowing this genre. ES isn't what you hope for. I would suggest not playing it to 360 owners. I wanted to like it. However, if you had already played both of those games, I guarntee you would vastly change your opinion.

ES isn't what you think. I have to say that the game was very dissapointing to me. I hate to say that about any game....just...well, all I'll say is don't get too excited about it. :(

Saying ES is better than ToV is like saying Xenosaga ep 1 is better than FFVII. Not that ToV is as good as FFVII, but the difference between them is the same. You'll see when both are on the PS3. You'll know then that I speak the truth.

My reasoning is that the combat system is very shallow, though fun at the beginning, the graphics are good, but the story is mediocre at best and the character development is near non-existant. It's very hard to keep yourself playing the game, and you can never really get that feeling of enjoyment that you expect out of most games of that genre. Don't get me wrong, I loved it for the first 10 hours, but then things started getting repetitive and I felt like I had to force myself to play through the game.

Vesperia, on the other hand, starts out slow and grows on you, till by the time you're at the end of the game, you love it as much as you've ever loved a videogame, in my experience. What I'm saying is, even if Vesperia sucked, ES would be worse....that's my opinion, and I've thoroughly played both of those titles with high hopes and stars in my eyes.

I don't just not recommend it. I warn you against it. Feelings and comparisons against ToV aside, I highly suggest at least renting this before you buy it.

But it's about Chopin.

:(

ZenfoldorVGI said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

This will not end well. I think the PS3 will catch up, and I hope that ToV goes to PS3 and Verses comes to 360. It would be good for everyone, and Sony will eventually catch up more than likely and both consoles will eventually at least have solid rpg lineups, that is a certainty.

It wouldn't be better if Versus came to the 360, or atleast for Sony.

Anyways, who cared for this game to began with?

Sephiroth357 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

It wouldn't be better if Versus came to the 360, or atleast for Sony.

Anyways, who cared for this game to began with?

Oh, nobody. In fact, you may be hard pressed to find anyone who even thinks this game is worth talking about. 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Tales of Vesperia will probably not make it to the PS3 because Namco have been paid by Microsoft and won't need to make a port to be profitable. I think they will put their resources on another PS3 game instead.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...