By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - THEORY: Tales of Vesperia on PS3.... when no one cares.

Just like Eternal Sonata...

How many agree with me that it will happen?

Around the Network

I care.

Guess anything can happen.

but when sales are 3x that of the 360 then NAMCO will care... which is most important....

As an owner of the game and someone who enjoys it I will say that it doesn't seem like that many people care about it now, so i doubt that many will care about it when or if it comes to PS3.

AceRock owns one PS3, one PS Vita, and one PS4.

Around the Network
Dno said:
but when sales are 3x that of the 360 then NAMCO will care... which is most important....

its very likely that if you put a very good jrpg on ps3 and give it alot of hype (commercials, etc.) it would sell really well, more than the 360 version. thats because playstation has always been home to jrpgs, until now of course. i think thats not fair, they should make jrpgs at least multiplatform- playable on ps3.

I think it may happen and I care and hope that it does.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

That'll depend on ES sales on PS3 I think. It has to convincingly outsell the 360 version. right now the 360 version is at 270k without Euro numbers, probably 370k with it, and for Sony to make a strong case it would have sell at least 2-1 or 740k, honestly, I don't see it happening, sorry guys. I don't even think it's gonna sell 200k, it's a year old port of a not so well received game...

FilaBrasileiro said:
That'll depend on ES sales on PS3 I think. It has to convincingly outsell the 360 version. right now the 360 version is at 270k without Euro numbers, probably 370k with it, and for Sony to make a strong case it would have sell at least 2-1 or 740k, honestly, I don't see it happening, sorry guys. I don't even think it's gonna sell 200k, it's a year old port of a not so well received game...

Guess u are right, i think it depends most if it can outsell the 360 version in Japan.

if they made it multiplatform at launch, then 360 would have continued to have bad sales in japan. microsoft needed this game to be at least timed exclusive in order to get a japan boost, so thats why its exclusive for now. namco can put it on ps3 eventually but it will be a long time from now.