By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How Many 360 only owners will get the ps3

I am a 360 owner and I have a PS3.

Around the Network

I got one when I went to America last year, but I set it up in my sister's room, because I don't play it. The multiplats I'll always get on the 360 because I prefer that, and because more people I know have 360s, and until Little Big Planet comes out, none of the exclusives have interested me.

Will you teach me to football?

I have a 360 only currently (not counting DS and PSP). I will say not likely till Holiday 2009 (or when it reaches £200) at the earliest.

First of all, no time and money (have you seen the releases this holiday alone?), and with the current 2009 lineup for 360, its looking to continue.

Second, no interest in Blu Ray (I own only a few dvd box sets and films). The classics I like already on DVD.

Third, the future PS3 exclusive games look interesting but not enough to cough up the extra dough and become even more of a caveman and lose more friends playing on two consoles (not to mention I sense a revival of PC gaming coming for me as Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 are coming).

The games that interest me are LBP, Infamous and WKC. I am not a fan of the big hitters like GT, MGS, Jak&Daxter, R&C and never played others like God of War or ICO/Shadow of Colossus, so its really up to Sony to come up with new IP and fresh ideas to get me to buy a PS3.

The one true game which would have made it 90% for me to buy a PS3 is FF13 as Im a FF fanboy (11 or 12 not included though). You and I know what happened to FF13.

Gearbox said:
i think they should make a 20 gig model again and sell it for 199. have no games inculded no controlers. they would lose loads of money but then their software will sell amazing. id like to see how wel the ps3 will sell when it goes down to 199.

Ain't gonna happen.  Sony is already losing money every time they sell a PS3.  They're not going to sell the hardware at any more of a loss.  They are a public company and have stockholders to please just like everyone else.

Domicinator said:
Gearbox said:
i think they should make a 20 gig model again and sell it for 199. have no games inculded no controlers. they would lose loads of money but then their software will sell amazing. id like to see how wel the ps3 will sell when it goes down to 199.

Ain't gonna happen.  Sony is already losing money every time they sell a PS3.  They're not going to sell the hardware at any more of a loss.  They are a public company and have stockholders to please just like everyone else.

well, a 6.5 billion dollar hole didn't rile MS stockholders....

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network

I told my wife I wanted a blu-ray player for Christmas. She said she might get me a PS3 but I told her I didn't care either way, I just wanted blu-ray. But for an extra $100 dollars a PS3 has a lot more functionality. I probably wouldn't use it for anything else though. Maybe LBP.

$199 is the magic point for me. Blu-Ray DVDs are still too expensive, and Sony's first party titles don't warrant the purchase yet.

Needs a ton more RPGS to. More RPGS on the 360 so far has been the biggest joke imho.

Persona 5 will change things.

It's just that simple.

I will eventually when i have extra money to throw away and when it goes down in price.

I have all three! :D (I would have got one later, but BC was on its way out)

MrBubbles said:
there is only 1 retail game out that i even find interesting... but ive already beaten it.

there are a couple coming out that i might be interested in....but i really dont see the library becoming something that would make me want purchase the system.

and i really dont get the fascination with blu ray...

soo....its unlikely i would ever pick one up.

keep telling yourself that.

Oh!....... and enjoy the fall update  ;)      /end sarcasm

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.