By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How Many 360 only owners will get the ps3

I don't care about blu ray, it's expensive, I don't have interest in its exclusives and I'm really pissed with Sony policies, especially in Europe so I don't think I'll ever buy one.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:
halogamer1989 said:
No thanks. I'm not into God of War or JRPGs and I have a connection that enables DL movies. I have no need for Blu-ray as I have no HDTV.

What does JRPGs have to do with the PS3?

Now that IS an irony.  Hmmm, let me say FFXIII and Versus for example.  I like WRPGs more: If you click on my profile, you will find that I am a Bioware and Bethesda fan.

One of the main games I wanted to purchase a PS3 was for FF XIII ...

:)

So I don't know, maybe when Blu Ray outsells DVD's...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I'll get one, hopefully before the year is over.

I have all three consoles... The advice I give people, is wait until the PS3 and 360 are near equal cost. 360 has lots of games. PS3's library is lighter in comparison.

I really don't think the extra cost really justifies what you get from a gaming perspective. If you throw in blu-ray movies then it is justifiable.

Around the Network

Hmm... I have a 360, so a $500 PS3 gets me...

1. MGS4- don't want
2. Backwards compatability- do want
3. Blu ray- do want
4. games- specifically, Disgaea 3, about 20 PS2 games (never had a PS2), White Knight Chronicles, Valkeryie of the Battlefiled, rachet and clank future tools of destruction, heavenly sword, little big planet...
not worth $500. Probably will never get it; I am planning to start moving away from VG. I would be willing to pay $200 NOW for it; I am kinda hard on cash due to getting a 360, but PS3 would be nice to have.

I will not buy a PS3. Xbox 360 has plenty of content to keep me busy until the next gen. I am not a big collector of movies. If I want to watch a movie in HD, I just get it on OnDemand through my HD cable box or occasionally I will download one on Xbox Live. Because of that, I really don't see the need for BluRay discs, therefore I don't see a need for a BluRay player. If the PS3 got REALLY cheap, I might buy it solely as a BluRay player just to have one to mess with. It's more likely that a standalone BluRay player would be cheaper by that time anyway. I truly think that disc media for movies is going to go the way of the dodo in the next few years, especially if these new internet based rental services like Netflix keep integrating themselves into everything we do on our consoles and cable boxes.

What's important to me is games, both online and single player. For single player, as I said, the 360 has plenty for me. PS3 has some games I'd like to play, but nothing worth the price tag in my opinion. As far as multi player, all of my friends who game have 360s, and none of them have PS3s.

Based on all that, the 360 is where it's at for me. It's still a little painful for me to say that because I essentially gave up PC gaming this year after a lifetime of playing on the PC. Last console I owned before my 360 was an SNES.

I got one already. Mainly for GT5P and blu-ray player. I was going to get another PS3 for blu-ray but end up picking up the cheap Funai player from Best Buy for $200.00. I think the Funai unit is great, and as a blu-ray player I prefer it over the PS3 since it's much quieter and run cool (PS3 turn my room into oven, at least it doesn't sound like jet engine like the 360...) plus it work with universal remote.

I think if you looking for blu-ray player and don't care much for PS3 as a game machine then this holiday we should see a lot more sub-$200 blu-ray machine.

mysticD said:
I got one already. Mainly for GT5P and blu-ray player. I was going to get another PS3 for blu-ray but end up picking up the cheap Funai player from Best Buy for $200.00. I think the Funai unit is great, and as a blu-ray player I prefer it over the PS3 since it's much quieter and run cool (PS3 turn my room into oven, at least it doesn't sound like jet engine like the 360...) plus it work with universal remote.

I think if you looking for blu-ray player and don't care much for PS3 as a game machine then this holiday we should see a lot more sub-$200 blu-ray machine.

If standalone BluRay players hit $150 or even $175, any notion I ever had of buying a PS3 as a BluRay player would be gone.  Especially if Firefly and Serenity came out on BluRay.  Maybe they already have, I don't know.  Serenity in HD is pretty amazing.

i think they should make a 20 gig model again and sell it for 199. have no games inculded no controlers. they would lose loads of money but then their software will sell amazing. id like to see how wel the ps3 will sell when it goes down to 199.