By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy vs. Halo 3 - Which game will sell more units overall?

I would say Galaxy sells more overall and Halo 3 will have the higher console attach rate. Gears had a great attach rate I expect Halo 3 to do even better.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
Blue7 said:
cuz this site is all nintendo fanboy kiddies and they ban ne1 who likes sony

then why are you still here if you believe that?

cuz no modz online an i pwnzorz ur ass u slut

sluts rule man

rofl i need to gt 100 posts

rolstoppable i dun kare bout record, dat guy wasdoing longterm shit he dint troll 4 long, jsut sum stuff 4 liek 5 secs a day and voiding mods and doin good shit an sumtimes troll

Around the Network

ur all whores

big tiddles said:
sluts rule man
Kill yourself.

Which one sells more? First of all I have to say that my chrystalball is broken so simply need some luck to get the aswer right :). Facts first; both games are going to be killers, and if I can trust to earlier ones (Halo 1 & 2, Mario 64 and Sunshine) both are also going to be exellent. But, usually people buy Xbox 360 just 'cause of games like Halos - Wii is different. Wii is bought 'cause of cool party games and for fun. Mario isn't that what sells it - cheap price and partygames do. That's why I think Galaxy isn't maybe going to sell as much as Halo.

Hope that somebody understands :D

Typpis said:
big tiddles said:
sluts rule man
Kill yourself.

Which one sells more? First of all I have to say that my chrystalball is broken so simply need some luck to get the aswer right :). Facts first; both games are going to be killers, and if I can trust to earlier ones (Halo 1 & 2, Mario 64 and Sunshine) both are also going to be exellent. But, usually people buy Xbox 360 just 'cause of games like Halos - Wii is different. Wii is bought 'cause of cool party games and for fun. Mario isn't that what sells it - cheap price and partygames do. That's why I think Galaxy isn't maybe going to sell as much as Halo.

Hope that somebody understands :D

Please do not feed the trolls and rejects, thanks~

To Each Man, Responsibility

A lot of activity here tonight.................poor moderators that have to do overtime

As far as I'm concerned, I really can't see how Halo 3 could sell more than SMG, not with the install base of the Wii and the failure of the XBox 360 in Japan. If Super Mario Sunshine, a game that was not well received by a lot of persons, could find a way to sell more than 6 million copies, I really think that SMG will be a real success. Halo 3 will be too, but it won't be enough to overtake SMG in my opinion :)

And for numbers:

Halo 3: 7-8 millions
SMG: 10 millions

No real analysis here, just a small increase/no increase from Halo 2 to Halo 3, and Mario 64 number style for SMG, which would be really good considering that at the time it was release, Mario 64 was one one the rare title available, and that the game was redefining platformer, with 3D style.

Since I am no good at analyzing software sales, I will just agree with The Source's predictions, since I agree with his analysis.