By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American Numbers up

Jlmadyson said:

PS3 72,162

Uh Big no, will be clear and apparent in NPD. Unless of course VGC drops PS3 by large margins in the next few weeks. The shipment numbers for this quarter will be so off VGC it's not going to be funny. At this rate VGC will have the difference betwee the PS3 and 360 at close to 5 million even by the end of this quarter. That is simply not going to be the case. That would mean somehow the PS3 wiped out nearly a million in shipment difference this quarter, no way, no how. In fact, the shipment difference is probably going to be even bigger between the two than it was on June 30 of 5.89 million.

With VGC being off -13k for the 360 and 40k+ for the PS3 with NPD in August this is going to be interesting going forward because they have now added even more to the PS3 than last week.  Unless adjustments are made going forward they are going to be off quite a bit this month indeed.

uh Big yes,

dont forget that VGC tracks sales data for the AMERICAS, not ony USA, u jerk

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
Soul_tech10 said:
this is strange, if vg chartz shoes data a day after the price cut and its only spiked sales by roughly 20,00 units compares to last week in america, then why did the ps3 have a sales spike of over 200,000 units the day after mgs4 came out, it means that the 360 price cut has failed.

that was the MGS4 effect, this a price cut that last forever...

leo-j said:
I predict the 360 will be anywhere from 100-200k in sales next week.

Believe it or not, ever since last year I have predicting the 360 to drop to 199 sometime in late 2008, and outsell the ps3 and possibly the wii.

Next week will be extreemly interesting.

Sorry but again you're wrong, that will not happen.

eliasg said:
Soul_tech10 said:
this is strange, if vg chartz shoes data a day after the price cut and its only spiked sales by roughly 20,00 units compares to last week in america, then why did the ps3 have a sales spike of over 200,000 units the day after mgs4 came out, it means that the 360 price cut has failed.

so what would happen if the ps3 was cut to 299 or less, would it have a spike of 20,000, or more???

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Hawkeye said:
The_God-of_war- didn't DS/Wii win WW in both console and handheld? PS3 didn't win...

True, but PS3 and Xbox are the only 2 I care about. It's a given that Nintendo are going to win every week.

Around the Network
Soul_tech10 said:
eliasg said:
Soul_tech10 said:

so what would happen if the ps3 was cut to 299 or less, would it have a spike of 20,000, or more???

==> I guess something like (for 2 days only) :

Na : 140k
PAL : 170kk
Japan : 30 k (?)

thati s called sales potential and that is what the xobx360 is lacking according to me.

Time to Work !

Good to see Wii stabilize up there. I wonder how much Super Mario Sluggers sold.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

The_God_of_War said:
Hawkeye said:
The_God-of_war- didn't DS/Wii win WW in both console and handheld? PS3 didn't win...

True, but PS3 and Xbox are the only 2 I care about. It's a given that Nintendo are going to win every week.

Heh I think this is most people's sentiment. The Wii being first is always a given, it's like freakin Tickle Me Elmo to the public. 

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

rendo said:
This only has 1 or 2 days of the pricecut I believe. Nothing significant yet. :) Next week will probably be 125k+ for 360. :o

LOL.

Maybe 90-100,000.

The first day is a huge part of overall sales if your talking about initial bumb. It may very well stay a few thousand above the PS3 this holiday season in NA. No chance WW after seeing this IMO

next week 360 will definetely be ahead WW....due to JApan + IU + whole week of price drop

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey