By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My girlfriend wants me to make breakfast for her on monday. I need help!

French toast is the best route to take with your girlfriend. It is simple, yet it also requires some rudimentary skill. This showcases that you have at least some skill...even if it is rudimentary.

Around the Network

French toast = for Lamers.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

i would go with either chocolate chip waffles with whip cream in the shape of a smile. with a side of wheat toast and bacon or saugage. and maybe even throw in some diced hash browns

or i would make a lovely helping of french toast with strawberry syrup cherries and powder sugar on top. again with a side of bacon or saugage. but instead of toast maybe whip up some eggs or an omlet or eggs sunny side up. you know slices of honey baked ham goes good with french toast.

French toast = the Yummers

I would leave a $5 bill with a note "Get McDonalds" beside her bed when she wakes up.

ssj12 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
ssj12 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Eggs and bread. It's simple to do, and pretty good! ;)

no cant be that pathetic.

Well, make some pancakes as well with vanilla ice cream and a chocolate sauce?

nope

French Toast

1. Crack egg(s) into bowl

2. Pour/shake on some brown sugar

3. pinch a touch of salt (optional)

4. stir up eggs with milk

5. let a few pieces of bread soak up the mixture

6. heat soaked bread in skillet slowly until both sides are golden brown.

7. serve with butter and syrup.

8 serve with bacon or sausage (optional)

this will

A. make her smile

B. make her think you can cook

C. make life easy since this is easy as heck to make

I forgot one thing. If you want to really shock her make a fried egg and put it ontop of a single slice of french toast That = decorative. If you go this route do not add salt to the french toast mixture.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
steven787 said:
Omelet: put oil or butter in a pan, bring to a sizzle, add onions, pepper, meat, mushrooms, etc. Pour in scrambled eggs. Take a fork and push in the edges as they get hard and allow the runny egg to fill the gap. Slide half way out of the pan on to a plate, then lift the pan to fold.

Potatoes: Cut some potatoes into half inch thick rectangles add peppers and onions, and olive oil. Spread out into one layer on a pan. Bake at 350 till desired crispiness.

Toast: open bag of bread. Take slice. put into toaster.

Have butter, jam, ketchup ready to serve. To make it really fancy take it out of the container and put it into a serving dish.

Then as she eats, sing this: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DeBGIQ7ZuuiU&ei=slbLSLGRL5K-hATYloiXAQ&usg=AFQjCNHOG_ZHccBC-3ID95QsU24GgcNSsQ&sig2=tAAYzKZzqfXo4BGHuhomeQ

There ya go!  steven787 FTW!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Actually, do what I used to eat when I was a kid:

Make a sandwich with strawberry jam, then cut them in individual rectangles (4 x 4 pretty much), then take out some Kraft cheese (Singles) and cut them in little triangles. Try to make it so it looks like a circle, and then place the little sandwich parts beside the cheese triangles. Then, just cook an omelet like usual (pop the yellow). It has to look like this a bit:

Try to cut two circle for the eyes (with cheese), and then for the mouth, and add some ketchup (the red, lulz) on top of these parts. Then, interpret it with a glass of orange juice or something.

After... ???

Profit!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

All of you people are missing the big issue here. Telling him to go above and beyond his cooking skills just aren't going to hack it here.

Take my advice, because this is from tried and tested experience:

KISS (Keep It Simple STUPID)
Eggs and bacon, with toast, while not complicated, can be more than adequate when given the proper presentation.

The key here is to make her feel special. Certainly this can be done with an extravagant meal, but it can also be done with a simple dish, presented to her in an extravagant manner. Get a tray with the little 6 inch feet things on the side and serve her breakfast in bed. If she goes for the "princess treatment" thing, even offer to feed her each bite. Make a big production out of how you are her undying and eternal servant, and would go to the ends of the earth for her, etc, and kiss her between bites that you feed her. [note: Do NOT make baby noises as she's eating, or move your mouth as if you're chewing the bites]
Yes, she will probably find this highly corny, but provided she isn't the type to think you're up to something or that you're making fun of her, she WILL enjoy the treatment. Just make sure that you're sincere about what you're saying. Use your own judgment when deciding how far to take the whole routine, don't go past the point where you can be sincere about it, but don't let mild embarrassment hold you back.
If she makes an issue about how simple breakfast is, then just be honest and admit that breakfasts aren't something you have much experience with, but you did the best you could. If you think you're up to it, ask her to teach you how to prepare the more complicated breakfasts that she does. Alternately, you can also use the tactic of point out that this is merely the appetizer, and knowing your own skill level, opted to take her out to breakfast where she can get a proper meal.

Wake up a little early, preferably before she does, or when she starts to stir, tell her to sleep in and relax while you take care of things. Do scrambled eggs or maybe an omelet. The key with these is to use extremely low heat, be patient, and make sure you sprayed the pans with pam or oil to be sure you don't have everything sticking. Provided the heat is kept low, the scrambled eggs can usually be cooked completely through before it will start to singe on the bottom. don't try to flip them while they're still soupy on top, it won't work.
If you think you can handle something of a higher skill or preparation level like pancakes or waffles or an omelet, go for it, but keep in mind; be extra cautious about any mess that you make, because the effect will only be complete if you are able to clean everything back up on your own, preferably before she even sees it.

So there you have it. Ultimately, the tastiness of the food is important, but still secondary to the effort you make to dote on her. So if there's one thing I would say is the most important, it's to make sure that you don't act like this is a chore or a trial for you to get through, but something you are more than willing to go through for her sake.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

do you know how to cook? if you do i don't see why you're asking this question

but anyway just make some egg, toast and sausage or bacon or someshit

My girlfriends a veggie so I always get away with just making mueseli. Mwuhahaha