By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your top 5 games this gen, what are they?

Orange Box (PC)
Crush
Metal Gear Solid 4
4. Patapon
5. Gears of War (PC)

Around the Network

5. COD4

4. Ratchet & Clank - TOD

3. Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion

2. Super Mario Galaxy

1. METAL GEAR SOLID 4 : GUUUUUNS Of The PATRIOOOOTS!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

This is only so far of course but:

5. Grand Theft Auto IV

Fun open world game, where you can kill anybody, steal any car, do what you want. The reason it only stays at #5 is because of some serious glitches, and lots of online lag, as well as the fact it gets boring after extended periods of play.

4. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Amazing graphics, great gameplay, fun shooting. Lots of puzzles/strategy which is rare in a shooter. This game is great. It stays at #4 because of the lack of replayability. I really see no reason to re-play it.

3. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Great game. Lots of things to do, you can kill anybody you want. Challenging too. I easily logged probably 100+ hours on this game.

2. Resistance: Fall of Man

This game is simply amazing. Deserved better than an 86% on metacritic. I'd easily give it a 90% or higher. This was the only game worth playing on PS3 for a while so i got really into it. Unfortunately i didn't play online at this point in time.

1. Call of Duty 4

The best shooter of this gen, possibly ever. The most i've ever played one single game in my life. I have almost 16 days down online playing this game. thats almost 400 hours! Great graphics and gameplay. Single player is a bit suspect, but the online more than compensates. The only downsides are a few things: like the juggernaut perk which makes anybody a walking tank, the M16 is much better than any other gun, bitches who hide in corners online.

I'd expect Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5, and possibly resistance 2 to make my top 5 as this gen progresses.

You have no idea how hard this will be. No order:

Burnout Paradise (360)
Braid (360)
Castle Crashers (360)
Advance Wars: Dual Strike (DS)
Bleach: The Blades of Fate (DS)

Runners-Up: Portal(360), Hotel Dusk: Room 214(DS), New Super Mario Bros.(DS), Madden 09(360), Kameo(360), Bioshock(360), Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow(DS), Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core(Wii), Crush(PSP)

You see! I told you it was too hard!

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

1. MGS4
2. Everyday Shooter
3. Super Smash Brothers Brawl
4. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
5. Super Mario Galaxy

Bioshock and Condemned 2 are honorable mentions.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Galaxy
Brawl
Corruption
Portal
Kameo

Pixel Art can be fun.

1)Warhawk

2)Cod 4

3)DMC 4

4)Gears of War

5)GTA IV

1. mgs4

2. gta iv

3. call of duty 4

4. uncharted

5. dmc 4

<

psn ID: smiles123

MGS4 is the greatest game ever

naznatips said:
In no order:

Portal (PC) - Funny, fun, and brilliant. The game was just a blast to play and a few amazing hours of gaming.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Fast, fun, and among the most balanced and diverse fighting games I've ever played. Just a joy to play.

Super Mario Galaxy - Made me feel like a kid again. I've rarely had more fun in my life.

Ace Attorney (franchise) and Professor Layton - Brilliant, hilarious, touching, and unique. Challenged my perception of what a game could be. Both games challenged your mind instead of your thumbs, and through great and fun characters led to hours upon hours of entertainment.

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - In my opinion the single best HD console game bar none. Just a blast to play.

Heh, funny. You thought Mass Effect was pretty mediocre while I feel the same about R&C.

I thought the first hour or two of R&C was brilliant... Then the game stopped platforming, slowed down, and turned into a shooter. My disgust was palpable. Such high hopes, only to be dashed upon the sharp rocks of reality once again...

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

1- mario Kart Wii
2- Metroid Prime 3
3- Mario Galaxy
4- Gears of War (Multyplayes is awsome!)
5- GtA IV

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."