By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your top 5 games this gen, what are they?

5 COD4

Best shooter so far this gen as far as consoles go.  A couple wii shooters have it beat in controls, but in everything else i'd give the nod to COD4.

4 No More Heroes

Loses points for being too short but wouldn't make up places anyway.  The style of the game was awesome, and the game was simple yet fun.

3 MLB Power Pros

What a baseball game should be. The Success mode brought new life to baseball games.

2 MLB Power Pros 2008

Same as the last one... but the addition of MLB life mode makes it oh so much better.

1 Spore

This game is right where i'm at, super innovative and all about the creative content.  Nicely, the stages are all shorter then i thought... which will allow me to play through it more then i expected.  Well except the space stage... that thing is HUGE.

Around the Network

No order

Super Mario Galaxy

It is just plain brilliant of a game!

Mass Effect

Though the driving sections were a pain and some glitches behind it was a gem which I just loved!

No More Heros

Most Epic Boss Fights I have gone Against...Also the story is great!

Viva Pinata

Just A beautiful game great all around and addicting I love my 26 Mallowmouse's their just so cute...

Layton

Best surprise for me this whole Gen. It was just so charming and I loved the animation cut scenes.

Former something....

5. Super mario Galaxy

4. Portal

3. Twilight princess

2. Brawl (i expected this to be number 1)

1. Team Fortress 2
ive never had so much fun in multiplayer. Between this and brawl... everything i need for gaming is here already

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

In No Order
Heavenly Sword-most thought it was mediocre but i loved this game plus it has superb voice acting
Metroid Prime 3- in my opinion the best metroid game other than super metroid
SMG- My favorite Mario game ever
Twilight Princess- Not one the my favorite Zelda games but still damn good
Super Smash Bros Brawl- the most fun i've had with a multiplayer game

1) Brawl
2) MGS4
3) Galaxy
4) Boom Blox
5) Can't really think of 5 tbh

Around the Network

lost in blue 3
Mario Galaxy
brawl
resident evil uc
no more heroes

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

So far it's

1. Guitar Hero III

2. Geometry Wars:Galaxies

3. Bioshock

4. Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

5. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

Most Definatly subject to change.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Onyxmeth said:

You have no idea how hard this will be. No order:

Burnout Paradise (360)
Braid (360)
Castle Crashers (360)
Advance Wars: Dual Strike (DS)
Bleach: The Blades of Fate (DS)

Runners-Up: Portal(360), Hotel Dusk: Room 214(DS), New Super Mario Bros.(DS), Madden 09(360), Kameo(360), Bioshock(360), Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow(DS), Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core(Wii), Crush(PSP)

You see! I told you it was too hard!

It was Hotel Dusk: Room 215 x_x

Very good game, liked it very much :)

5: COD4
4: Uncharted
3: R&C (PS3)
2: Civ Rev
1: MK Wii

I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, okay, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.

Jeez 5, that's impossible >_>

Oh well...

5. COD4 - most addictive multiplayer ever. Single player was amazing too. I've probably played it more than anything else.

4. SSBB - It could have been higher if the online wasn't so terrible. Other than that its top notch, and possibly my favourite fighter ever.

3. GTAIV - I totally had a boner for this when it first came out, but now it's worn off on me a bit. Still deserves its place.

2. Mario Galaxy - Former second favourite game on any console in any generation. Nothing needs to be said about this. When the generation is over we'll remember it as one of the defining games and a true classic.

1. MGS4 - It absolutely blew me away. I'd never imagined a game being impressive on this level. I hated every other MGS, so perhaps going in with such low expectations made it seem that much better.
Whatever, I firmly believe that is the greatest game of all time. I don't think anything comes close really. A masterpeice.

Honourable mentions to Metroid and Mario Kart.