By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your top 5 games this gen, what are they?

5 - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

It's Zelda, so I like it. Next game better be more progressive, though.

4 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Hell yeah, it's Brawl! It's awesome, but not legendary(for me the Smash series never was)... nevertheless, still my most played game of the generation yet.

3 - Mass Effect

Though I haven't completely finished it yet, Mass Effect combines the deep epicness of the RPG-genre with the pick-up-and-play gameplay of the shooter-genre. This gave me the opportunity to enjoy a non-Nintendo RPG for once, and that turned out really good!
It's absolutely great to be emotionally involved with the characters in a game to the point that you feel really, really good when you save a life, and to feel really bad when you fail to do so. In game, I went back to an earlier point in the game to do certain things better a couple of times, that says enough I think.

2 - Bioshock

Bioshock is without a doubt in my mind one of the best games ever made. Everything about this game is great, and I love the setting. There's only one game this gen that's even better, and that is...

1 - Super Mario Galaxy

The first of a breed of modern classics that can be enjoyed by nearly anyone, cores and expanded audience alike. It's some of the purest platforming gameplay ever, and yet still so fresh! And what about the variety of different mini games and tasks? Super Mario Galaxy is the Super Mario Bros. 3 of 3D-platforming, now let's just hope that Nintendo will release the Super Mario World of 3D-platforming in a couple of years as well.

Around the Network

No particular order:

- Portal. Simply brilliant.
- BioShock. Well, the first half, anyway.
- Super Mario Galaxy. Good ol' fashioned fun.
- Mass Effect. Despite its bugs and flaws, I genuinely liked this game. A lot.
- I'm leaving the last spot open to games that had parts I really enjoyed. MGS4, MK Wii, Twilight Princess, CoD4, Halo 3, etc.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

We're missing PS and 360 fanboys! I guess I can expand on my previous post with brief explanations.

SSBB- All around fun, anyone who says you can't get a new player in the game at any time and have him not like it is lying. That's why there are items and wacky stages, anyone can join in. It's also one of the few fighters that requires skill to play and not memorizing button combos.

BioShock - A modern System Shock 2. I don't think I have to say anything else. Also the story was amazing, very well set up and narrated.

Portal - One of the most original and amazing games to come out in a long time. Good sense of humor too.

Metroid Prime 3 - The best one of them all, nothing redundant and everything that may have been a a small problem from MP1 and MP2 was fixed. The best control scheme for a FPS sans the PC set up.

Half-Life 2: Episode 2 - Just pure amazing 6 hours. The ending is the saddest scene in gaming I have seen so far, yes it tops all those FFVII moments.

These are in no particular order.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

5 No More Heroes
4 Brawl
3 Metroid Prime 3
2 A lot.. MK Wii, Zack & Wiki and Twilight Princess the best of this rank..
1 Super Mario Galaxy
duh!

In no order:

Portal (PC) - Funny, fun, and brilliant. The game was just a blast to play and a few amazing hours of gaming.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Fast, fun, and among the most balanced and diverse fighting games I've ever played. Just a joy to play.

Super Mario Galaxy - Made me feel like a kid again. I've rarely had more fun in my life.

Ace Attorney (franchise) and Professor Layton - Brilliant, hilarious, touching, and unique. Challenged my perception of what a game could be. Both games challenged your mind instead of your thumbs, and through great and fun characters led to hours upon hours of entertainment.

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - In my opinion the single best HD console game bar none. Just a blast to play.

Around the Network

1. Brawl
2. Galaxy
3. CoD4
4. Bioshock
5. Hard to say there's a lot it would be between TP, UT3, or MP3

(I sound so stereotypical but really those are the games to own this gen)

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

1. Spore
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Portal
4. SSBB
5. Pheonix Wright

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

5:Warhawk
4: Gears of War (360)
3: Halo 3
2: Oblivion (PS3)
1: Bioshock (360)

1. Call of duty 4
2. Resistance 1
3. Motorstorm
4. Devil may cry 4
5. Uncharted

Brawl - EPIC!

Elite beat agents- one of my favorite ds games out there, hard at first but once you get used to it, you're addicted to the game and you can't put it down

Twilight princess - I enjoyed it

Layton - I like solving the puzzles in it and the crazy storyline that the game has in it.

MKWii / Galaxy( tie! )can't choose between these games... =/