By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sad news: Wipe out HD downgraded significantly visually because of safety

Zone mode edited in final version of WipEout HD

If you read our preview, we said that WipEout HD's Zone mode was one of the most intense experiences we had the pleasure of racing through. Unfortunately, it appears the mode has been seriously toned down, most likely to pass epilepsy tests. In our preview, we said that the floor textures would respond to the music playing in the background, changing color suddenly when appropriate. The reactive floor textures have been removed for the final version of the game, and now Zone mode looks much more sterile. In fact, it reminds us a lot of the Zone mode found in the PSP games, WipEout Pure and Pulse. Granted, it still looks very nice. However, it saddens us to know that we may never have a chance to play a mode notorious for its sensory overload.
-dam this really sucks, wipe out HD was one of the best looking games I have ever seen, but the game had to be toned down because it didnt pass the epilepsy test, why do people with that even play video games?
.....dam it

mM
Around the Network

At least it's for the better, so we wont have another Japanese Pokemon Seizure emergency.

^_^

I remember when they said the images on screen were too fast for the human eye to see....i want to know how they knew anything was even happening

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

skeezer said:
At least it's for the better, so we wont have another Japanese Pokemon Seizure emergency.
beat me to it >_>

colonelstubbs said:
I remember when they said the images on screen were too fast for the human eye to see....i want to know how they knew anything was even happening

Yea the people playing are idiots..

There were so many things on screen going on in the same time clocked at 60fps at 1080p, it was visually stunning, now it looks just like an HD update of wipe out on the psp, not saying its bad, just not as amazing as it was before.

mM
Around the Network

Its only the Zone mode... thats an extremly small part of the game ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Why cant there just be two settings at startup, "Default" and "Photosensitive/Non-Strobe", with an epilepsy warning and disclaimer screen which cant be skipped if you pick default. I'd happily take that over a downgrade.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

Wiped said:
Why cant there just be two settings at startup, "Default" and "Photosensitive/Non-Strobe", with an epilepsy warning and disclaimer screen which cant be skipped if you pick default.

yea I agree, because it really really looked amazing

mM

i beat who said this was a casual =(

like i said when this was first announced.

the cell is to powerful for human eyes