By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August NPD figures released, 360 beats PS3

To all Sony fanboys saying that 10,000 is nothing...

Tell me: What about the PS3 beating the 360 IN JAPAN by merely 8,000 every week?

Around the Network
Jlmadyson said:

I knew this was going to happen. That would put VGC off the PS3 by what 40k? So much for Pachter's earlier prediction of a million Wiis starting in August. This should set up a very strong holiday season for the 360.

NPD doesnt include canada, but the ps3 was still overtracked IMO

mM

Imagine the number next month. Man, PS3 fanboys will cry them self to sleep in the next few months.

Fernando said:

Tell me: So what do you think about the PS3 beating the 360 IN JAPAN by merely 8,000 every week?

outselling the ps3 by 10k in one month

compared to outselling the 360 by 8k every WEEK since launch

mM
bonkers555 said:
I have said once and I will said it again. SONY DON'T CARE IF THEY LOSE IN AMERICA. They beat the 360 in almost every other market. M$ put their resoures into the America Market.

PS3 in America is a lost cause. They won't catch up to the 360 anytime soon, maybe never.

We believe you.

Around the Network
Fernando said:

Tell me: What about the PS3 beating the 360 IN JAPAN by merely 8,000 every week?

Oh Yeah cos PS3 Is Mass Market Price and has Epic Library of JRPGs and 360 has better JRPG lineup but is regularly outsold by PS3 in Japan?????????? Yep

leo-j said:
Jlmadyson said:

I knew this was going to happen. That would put VGC off the PS3 by what 40k? So much for Pachter's earlier prediction of a million Wiis starting in August. This should set up a very strong holiday season for the 360.

NPD doesnt include canada, but the ps3 was still overtracked IMO

This from VGC NPD preview scaled down without the rest of NA this is there estimate for just the US;

Platform

NPD Aug Estimate

DS

Wii

PSP

PS3

Xbox 360

PS2

So that would be +41k PS3

-12k for the 360

Yea, for just VGCs NPD preview for the US they were off 41k.

bonkers555 said:
Imagine the number next month. Man, PS3 fanboys will cry them self to sleep in the next few months.

Yes....yes we will....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

- I am not Impressed -

4 ≈ One

Wow... PSP is selling pretty damn well :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!