By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Wii Music becomes successful, Nintendo will go completely casual

RolStoppable said:

Here are the three main reasons why it's going to happen. If you are too lazy to read, just skip down to the summary.

1. Casual games sell a lot, while core games don't

Everybody knows how much casual games like Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit and Mario Party 8 have sold, while core franchises like Metroid Prime, Batallion Wars II and Wario Land sold much less in comparison, some would even consider them to have bombed. Other examples of failed games include this, this, this and this.

2. Nintendo has a short term strategy

Since they stroke gold with the new casual market on the DS, Nintendo is milking the market of uneducated customers for all its worth with the Wii. This bubble may eventually burst, but Nintendo couldn't care less about this, because they could always simply retreat from the gaming market and fall back on their other lucrative divisions like Pokemon plush dolls.

3. Core games have no benefits

These games are expensive to develop and take years to make. The only reason Nintendo ever made these games were to get great ratings from critics. However, the new casual market doesn't even read these media outlets, so core games have become a complete waste of money for Nintendo.

Bottom line: If Wii Music becomes a success, there won't be any games made for us anymore. Nintendo's future depends entirely on this game. Everyone should feel offended by this game's existence.

This is my arguement against wii music. Good to see you're not part of the "all that glitters NINTY is gold" crowd. I really don't care  if they totally go casual though. I haven't played any nintendo console since SNES anyways. It seems especially likely when Miyamoto retires.

However, I must say that I think this game would make 5 mil because the title has "wii" in it.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Point number 2 is the best. I laughed for a full minute. You deserve puppies and candy for this.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

RolStoppable said:

Here are the three main reasons why it's going to happen. If you are too lazy to read, just skip down to the summary.

1. Casual games sell a lot, while core games don't

Everybody knows how much casual games like Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit and Mario Party 8 have sold, while core franchises like Metroid Prime, Batallion Wars II and Wario Land sold much less in comparison, some would even consider them to have bombed. Other examples of failed games include this, this, this and this.

I discovered the secret message. You can't fool me. I reported you for insulting members.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I agree with every single word you say.

The only problem with this thread is the lack of 3 posts before it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

RolStoppable said

Since they stroke gold with the new casual market on the DS, Nintendo is milking the market of uneducated customers for all its worth with the Wii. This bubble may eventually burst, but Nintendo couldn't care less about this, because they could always simply retreat from the gaming market and fall back on their other lucrative divisions like Pokemon plush dolls.

Freudian slip?

Around the Network

I feel offended and raped by the barbarians in this thread

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Pristine has been taken in. Do you not know the Rol?

Rol i thought you're a casual gamer, therefore you should be happy :)

Of Course it will sell well, Carnival Games sold 2mln, this will triple it.

With you, Rol, I don't know what to say. I can't determine whether you're sarcastic or serious.

RolStoppable said:
Pristine20 said:
RolStoppable said:

Bottom line: If Wii Music becomes a success, there won't be any games made for us anymore. Nintendo's future depends entirely on this game. Everyone should feel offended by this game's existence.

This is my arguement against wii music. Good to see you're not part of the "all that glitters NINTY is gold" crowd. I really don't care  if they totally go casual though. I haven't played any nintendo console since SNES anyways. It seems especially likely when Miyamoto retires.

However, I must say that I think this game would make 5 mil because the title has "wii" in it.

Glad to see that someone agrees.

I'll get back later to this thread, after I am done with the Mario Kart Wii league.

To think that in this day and age people still fall for your tricks. I feel offended by the existence of this thread.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."