By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Guilty Gear Creator: "'Xbox 360 Development is Easier"

@Vasot

Actually it goes like.

XENOS > RSX

XENON > CELL (general processing)

CELL >> XENON (floating point)

= better graphs on X360, unless you use CELL for graphics too. However we haven't seen yet that is CELL enough for make it better. Also I doubt it a bit because 3*CELL << RSX so CELL <<<<<< RSX. So what we have is that is XENOS > RSX+CELL or is XENOS < RSX+CELL. (Well, you can't use all the power of cell to help RSX because it must do some work with game engine too.)

Anyway the summary is that you might get better graphs with PS3, but it will cost you as dev, if you are trying to do it.

Around the Network
Vasot said:
heruamon said:

I guess this might be part of the reason japanese developers are working on 360 titles...it's easier, which means easier money...

http://360.kombo.com/article.php?artid=14228

I think it's a matter of time before 360 starts to saturate in Japan....maybe the next console.

Of course it isXbox360 has more similarities with the PC from the PS3

It is easier to make ports and create games at Xbox360

The complex architecture of the PS3 does not help the developers either...

and thats why red alert 3 is coming only on XBOX360...

heruamon said:

I guess this might be part of the reason japanese developers are working on 360 titles...it's easier, which means easier money...

http://360.kombo.com/article.php?artid=14228

I think it's a matter of time before 360 starts to saturate in Japan....maybe the next console.

how easy is it to make money when your game doesn't sell?

gg overture looks like shit anyway

Deneidez said:
NNN2004 said:
we already know that but i want to know how much hard is the develop for PS3 ?

Simple programs, not that harder.

Games, etc, much harder.

Especially when you really can't use anything you have learned/done in the past(And I am not just talking about DX & OpenGl.).

Harder to develop -> more it will cost, so I completely understand guys behind Guilty Gear.

@alephnull

Because in the long run it would seem right now that architecture is having to rediscover the 70s (Before Carmack's time).

And can you point any indication this to happen other than CELL? :)

(Intels larabee? , Uhm, yeah. Nobody wants it. :D)

No parallax propellor? Larrabee is late to the party and everyone knows it (sold my INTC shares a year ago). I guess you probably don't count AMD's firestream or TESLA. By the time they actually support IEE754 for real, and maybe even recursive functions they will probably look like Larrabee. The company actually in the lead here is with all of this stuff is Sun, yet nobody has brought their name up yet.
Oh, and btw shame on you Deneidez for encorraging this >, <,>>>>, nonsense. I pretty sure you know things are way more complicated than this.

@alephnull

No parallax propellor? Larrabee is late to the party and everyone knows it (sold my INTC shares a year ago). I guess you probably don't count AMD's firestream or TESLA. By the time they actually support IEE754 for real, and maybe even recursive functions they will probably look like Larrabee. The company actually in the lead here is with all of this stuff is Sun, yet nobody has brought their name up yet.

Yep, I don't count Firestream & TESLA. You really can't run them alone. Propeller looks funney, I didn't know such a thing even existed. And yes Larrabee 1 is a 'joke', but maybe larrabee 2 will find some home from somewhere.

Oh, and btw shame on you Deneidez for encorraging this >, <,>>>>, nonsense. I pretty sure you know things are way more complicated than this.

Well, if I would have told how for example how CELL(translations, shader pregeneration & so on) can help GPU there would have been near zero ppl who would have understand it. But I admit its a bit more complicated than that and my example was simplicity overkill, /me shames. Anyway the thing is you need moar money to use CELLs powers and that can be too much for some developers(and of course much smaller user base). :)

Around the Network

I guess I should become a janitor because that would be easier than my current job.

fadetoone said:
I guess I should become a janitor because that would be easier than my current job.

If you would get equal amount of money or more money than in your current job, I would recommend to do it. ;)