By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Swapping discs or mandatory installs? What's worse?

Swapping is worse because you have to get up.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

So swaping discs is:

You get up once (20 secs)
You put in disc 3 eventually (20 secs)

Hard drive is:

you wait for installs (5 min)
you need to be carefull of the space you have on your HD (if you have 160 fine, but a 40gig PS3... errr that sucks)
you need to reinstall games you deleted because of space and choose an other game to delete for that purpuse. (5 min and confusing)

umh....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

oh and on a note, why does the PS3 need instals? can it not do without??

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I don't mind swapping discs, it is not like you have to do that often. :D

It's way better to swap discs then use install.

I gre up with PS1... FF there was 3-4 discs and I like it beacuse it gave you a headsup how far in the game you were.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Swapping discs is worse. You only have to do an install once

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Being a xbox fan, i say installs are better.

only a couple games with multiple disks...a large number of games that need installs

seems pretty simple which one takes less time. so ill go with the more time consuming one being worse.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

let see:
360 have 2 games that need swapping disc which is like i don't know, 10 seconds?
VS.
most ps3 games need instalation that takes 10-25 minutes.
= swapping discs is always better then instalation.

if i would like to instal game i would buy a pc not a console. besides you will need to reinstal games when you won't have enough space on HDD for new ones:(

Both suck ,but unfortunately 360 owners are getting both in the near future .