By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Swapping discs or mandatory installs? What's worse?

Obviously installs, as swapping disks takes about a minute and installs usually take more time. Either way I have no problem living with either.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

they both suck.

but i would always install anyway
10 min stills it way more time that 10s each load for a 30hrs game

I hate waiting. Wifi on brawl/kart cements my opinion.

Disk swapping is a part of gaming; unless you only own 1 game. what do you guys do when you want to play another game? Really now -_-

I blame wireless controllers; making gamers more lazy than the usual stereotype.

I don't own a ps3, so i shouldn't comment on installs. But if i had to wait for Brawl to install for 10 minutes, i would have been really angry.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the best Zelda title ever made.

"The Person Who Got the Closest to Winning the 1st VGC VC Giveaway, but still lost"

Depends, how long is the install and how often do I have to swap disks?

If the install takes a minute then I'm okay and if I have to swap disks every 10 hours then I don't care. However if it's a thirty minute install or I have to swap disks every hour then I'll get annoyed.

Edit: However during game installs (if not hidden during gameplay or an interesting cutscene) are the worst. It takes far longer than swapping a disk does.

Seriously, how is this an issue?
There are 2, maybe 3, current gen multi-disc games. And all of them are jRPGs, and if you play jRPGs, then you should be used disc swapping and generally being abused by video games by this point.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption