By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
theprof00 said:
naznatips said:
theprof00 said:
i never said i did not understand the wii. but the games aren't epic, save for a small handful and artistic is in the same category.
I'm just saying the wii games are generally smaller and cheaper except for the 1st party games. because of the demographic, it doesn't need to have epic games, because there are enough people in the market to the point where even bland games can sell a lot of copies.

Ignorance and opinion =/= fact.  Stop presenting your opinion as a fact.

shall i post an average dev cost per console? shall i present a meta of each console average?

How does dev cost or meta score have anything to do with epic and artistic?  Christ, metascore is a handful of opinions of a few dozen 20 something year old males, and I can sell you a piece of dog shit for $30 million dollars but it won't be epic.

Around the Network
Kane said:
true and the xbox and ps aint?

Xbox, and playstation are multimedia devices, that do much more than just play games

mM
mike_intellivision said:
I have read the post.
I think you may want to rethink the statement that Nintendo has moved into entertainment while the others are with the hardcore demographic that they don't want to give up.
Streaming movies and music videos put the other consoles into entertainment as well. It is just different.

One way to think of the difference between the Wii and the HD consoles is broadcast vs. cable. Broadcast TV (the Wii) has something for everyone and may do a some things well and other things less well. Cable channels are defined by specific topics which they tend to do very well but don't do other things well, if at all.

Mike from Morgantown

thank you for your post. as you can see it is very difficult to portray exact thoughts when you know they are going to cause trouble. i think i meant more that nintendo has moved into all ages entertainment whereas sony and ms are sticking with a smaller demographic of entertainment.

i agree that they are different as i'm sure you've noticed but there is no point re-writing the whole thing. maybe next time i will write drafts of everything, since this was a good learning experience as to what titles intros and conclusion statements actually do for the reader.

theprof00 said:
naznatips said:
theprof00 said:
i never said i did not understand the wii. but the games aren't epic, save for a small handful and artistic is in the same category.
I'm just saying the wii games are generally smaller and cheaper except for the 1st party games. because of the demographic, it doesn't need to have epic games, because there are enough people in the market to the point where even bland games can sell a lot of copies.

shall i post an average dev cost per console? shall i present a meta of each console average?

None of that will matter as i'll just end it right here. You can't prove a game is "epic". In most cases, epic just means long and drawn out. If you post metacritic averages to prove epicness, you would have to include Mario Galaxy into the equation, which I know you won't want to do. If you post average dev costs then the most epic game ever is Shenmue, which is capable of running on a Wii in theory and the two most epic games afte that are probably Too Human and MGS 4. Face it. You cannot prove anything you've said in this entire topic.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

theprof00 said:
vaio said:
theprof00 said:
vaio said:
theprof00 said:
vaio said:
theprof00 said:
I think none of you actually read my piece since you all reasponded within a minute, and i know it takes more than a minute to read.

In serious debate, the wii is more of a toy than it's counterparts. The 360 and ps3 have been working on bringing almost an unrealistic pursuit of "art" in games, whereas the nintedo has been working on having a fun time, not that fun isn't a great thing....

Yes the Wii is more of a toy then the other two and that is why it´s succeding since all consoles are supposed to be toys but the PS3 and the 360 fail in that department.

This is the exact kind of thing i am talking about trying to stop in the first paragraph.

Each has their own market strategy, and the other two don't market themselves as toys.

That´s one of the reasons why Nintendo is winning, the other 2 companies market themselves on the additional functions thay have more then the actuall gaming and by doing so they made it easier for Nintendo to keep selling. Videogames are toys and the media stuff is only something that adds to the experience it doesn´t define it like MS & Sony are trying to do.

No this is what you keep doing vaio. MS and Sony are doing well enough with their own market strategy. i just want people to stop saying that nintendo is a better console maker.

by the same points you could say that harry potter is a better book than any religious book because it markets itself as a book and not a way of life.

No you don´t it quite clear now that you want people to say you made the right choice and Wii is shit. 

What do you mean by: No this is what you keep doing vaio

The end of your post just marks how riddicioulous you are.

i'm sorry you can't hear yourself talking or typing rather.. but you just said that the ps3 and 360 were failing to nintendo's superior strategy. If i recall this is the exact thing i asked people to stop doing because they each have their own strategies, which i referred to in my last rebuttal to you, which you trolled the shit out of.

All three consoles are toys and nothing else MS and Sony have additional function to their toys but they are only additional functions. By not marketing a toy as a toy they are not getting as many customers as they deserv since most costumers that look for videogames are looking for the toy that plays said videogames and when thay don´t see MS and Sony as a toy because of their marketing the only thing left is Nintendo then add that they actually evolve gaming this generation with a new and so much more fun, immersive and cool way to play the choice for the said customer isn´t hard especialy since most videogame customers are not that well educated about videogame companies in general.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Kane said:
true and the xbox and ps aint?

Xbox, and playstation are multimedia devices, that do much more than just play games

Any reason why you didn't include the Wii there? Hmmm...internet, weather, news, game videos, photos, etc. None of that ring a bell?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

theprof00 said:

So the cost of games now means it's closer to "art?"  I guess so, Spider-Man 3 really was a masterpiece, wasn't it? 

Oh, and metacritic... of course, of course... Because GTA4 is the greatest, most artistic game the HD consoles have to offer.

As for Nintendo being "smarter" than the others - I guarantee you, both would love to be in Nintendo's position.  Only Sony may have something to lose, as they seemed to focus on pushing blu-ray and HDTV's this gen.  Their motives have nothing to do with creating "art."

naznatips said:
theprof00 said:
naznatips said:
theprof00 said:

How does dev cost or meta score have anything to do with epic and artistic?  Christ, metascore is a handful of opinions of a few dozen 20 something year old males, and I can sell you a piece of dog shit for $30 million dollars but it won't be epic.

my point is that i feel ps60 games challenge my abilities on more of an intellectual level, rather than reflex level, or sometimes both. i've had a wii, i was not challenged. i've also owned some of the hardest games that have been the consensus for being hard on this forum.

Ouendan (EBA for japan) was not hard, niether was that surgery game, which i draw a blank to right now. They were taxing on my reflexes but in general i prefer something like better ai, and so forth. Games on the wii, their difficulty, has been, how shall i say, cheap, in the same way sports games are made cheap, by letting the other team foul you without penalty.

this is not to say that the games don't exist. I'm just saying, right now, nintendo hasn't really provided that kind of experience. If anything xbox has done the best in that department by having almost every game online where difficulty ramps up with the player. i don't even own an xbox btw.

vaio said:
theprof00 said:
vaio said:
theprof00 said:
vaio said:
theprof00 said:
vaio said:
theprof00 said:
I think none of you actually read my piece since you all reasponded within a minute, and i know it takes more than a minute to read.

In serious debate, the wii is more of a toy than it's counterparts. The 360 and ps3 have been working on bringing almost an unrealistic pursuit of "art" in games, whereas the nintedo has been working on having a fun time, not that fun isn't a great thing....

Yes the Wii is more of a toy then the other two and that is why it´s succeding since all consoles are supposed to be toys but the PS3 and the 360 fail in that department.

This is the exact kind of thing i am talking about trying to stop in the first paragraph.

Each has their own market strategy, and the other two don't market themselves as toys.

That´s one of the reasons why Nintendo is winning, the other 2 companies market themselves on the additional functions thay have more then the actuall gaming and by doing so they made it easier for Nintendo to keep selling. Videogames are toys and the media stuff is only something that adds to the experience it doesn´t define it like MS & Sony are trying to do.

No this is what you keep doing vaio. MS and Sony are doing well enough with their own market strategy. i just want people to stop saying that nintendo is a better console maker.

by the same points you could say that harry potter is a better book than any religious book because it markets itself as a book and not a way of life.

No you don´t it quite clear now that you want people to say you made the right choice and Wii is shit. 

What do you mean by: No this is what you keep doing vaio

The end of your post just marks how riddicioulous you are.

i'm sorry you can't hear yourself talking or typing rather.. but you just said that the ps3 and 360 were failing to nintendo's superior strategy. If i recall this is the exact thing i asked people to stop doing because they each have their own strategies, which i referred to in my last rebuttal to you, which you trolled the shit out of.

All three consoles are toys and nothing else MS and Sony have additional function to their toys but they are only additional functions. By not marketing a toy as a toy they are not getting as many customers as they deserv since most costumers that look for videogames are looking for the toy that plays said videogames and when thay don´t see MS and Sony as a toy because of their marketing the only thing left is Nintendo then add that they actually evolve gaming this generation with a new and so much more fun, immersive and cool way to play the choice for the said customer isn´t hard especialy since most videogame customers are not that well educated about videogame companies in general.

you should try using periods, they really help. but yes they are not getting as many customers as they deserve. But this does not mean that they "fail" to a console that is "so much more fun, immersive and cool way to play"

My added point is that i enjoy my console just fine, so stop trying to convince me that it "fails"

i 80% agree with the thread....