By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
theprof00 said:
vaio said:
theprof00 said:
vaio said:
theprof00 said:
I think none of you actually read my piece since you all reasponded within a minute, and i know it takes more than a minute to read.

In serious debate, the wii is more of a toy than it's counterparts. The 360 and ps3 have been working on bringing almost an unrealistic pursuit of "art" in games, whereas the nintedo has been working on having a fun time, not that fun isn't a great thing....

Yes the Wii is more of a toy then the other two and that is why it´s succeding since all consoles are supposed to be toys but the PS3 and the 360 fail in that department.

This is the exact kind of thing i am talking about trying to stop in the first paragraph.

Each has their own market strategy, and the other two don't market themselves as toys.

That´s one of the reasons why Nintendo is winning, the other 2 companies market themselves on the additional functions thay have more then the actuall gaming and by doing so they made it easier for Nintendo to keep selling. Videogames are toys and the media stuff is only something that adds to the experience it doesn´t define it like MS & Sony are trying to do.

No this is what you keep doing vaio. MS and Sony are doing well enough with their own market strategy. i just want people to stop saying that nintendo is a better console maker.

by the same points you could say that harry potter is a better book than any religious book because it markets itself as a book and not a way of life.

No you don´t it quite clear now that you want people to say you made the right choice and Wii is shit. 

What do you mean by: No this is what you keep doing vaio

The end of your post just marks how riddicioulous you are.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

I find it interesting that you claim that the Wii lacks depth, yet you compare it to Risk and Monopoly: both games far deeper than any video game that wasn't just cloning them (or Chess, Go, or other deep board games).

You fail at trolling.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

i never said i did not understand the wii. but the games aren't epic, save for a small handful and artistic is in the same category.
I'm just saying the wii games are generally smaller and cheaper except for the 1st party games. because of the demographic, it doesn't need to have epic games, because there are enough people in the market to the point where even bland games can sell a lot of copies.

psrock said:
The funny thing is I don't see you guys proving him wrong, but attacking him instead. Yes, he should know better to come here to say such hurtful things against your beloved wii, but he isnt lying. He should have mentioned that all consoles are toys, but my question is:

Why being called a toy insulting? I love toys. They are fun.

We can't prove him wrong if he didn't prove anything.

theprof00 said:
i never said i did not understand the wii. but the games aren't epic, save for a small handful and artistic is in the same category.
I'm just saying the wii games are generally smaller and cheaper except for the 1st party games. because of the demographic, it doesn't need to have epic games, because there are enough people in the market to the point where even bland games can sell a lot of copies.

Ignorance and opinion =/= fact.  Stop presenting your opinion as a fact.

Around the Network
Millennium said:
I find it interesting that you claim that the Wii lacks depth, yet you compare it to Risk and Monopoly: both games far deeper than any video game that wasn't just cloning them (or Chess, Go, or other deep board games).

You fail at trolling.

comprehension is key to understanding the statement i made where i said "social outlet" style games. it is in competition with those games, i never said they were similar in depth.

naznatips said:
theprof00 said:

Ignorance and opinion =/= fact.  Stop presenting your opinion as a fact.

shall i post an average dev cost per console? shall i present a meta of each console average?

I have read the post.
I think you may want to rethink the statement that Nintendo has moved into entertainment while the others are with the hardcore demographic that they don't want to give up.
Streaming movies and music videos put the other consoles into entertainment as well. It is just different.

One way to think of the difference between the Wii and the HD consoles is broadcast vs. cable. Broadcast TV (the Wii) has something for everyone and may do a some things well and other things less well. Cable channels are defined by specific topics which they tend to do very well but don't do other things well, if at all.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

How many wii games have you played? I cant comment on the wii since i dont own one, but I am sure it's loaded with epic games by your definition anyway.

Btw i love my ps3, its the best most expensive toy i own.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
vaio said:
theprof00 said:
vaio said:
theprof00 said:
vaio said:
theprof00 said:
I think none of you actually read my piece since you all reasponded within a minute, and i know it takes more than a minute to read.

In serious debate, the wii is more of a toy than it's counterparts. The 360 and ps3 have been working on bringing almost an unrealistic pursuit of "art" in games, whereas the nintedo has been working on having a fun time, not that fun isn't a great thing....

Yes the Wii is more of a toy then the other two and that is why it´s succeding since all consoles are supposed to be toys but the PS3 and the 360 fail in that department.

This is the exact kind of thing i am talking about trying to stop in the first paragraph.

Each has their own market strategy, and the other two don't market themselves as toys.

That´s one of the reasons why Nintendo is winning, the other 2 companies market themselves on the additional functions thay have more then the actuall gaming and by doing so they made it easier for Nintendo to keep selling. Videogames are toys and the media stuff is only something that adds to the experience it doesn´t define it like MS & Sony are trying to do.

No this is what you keep doing vaio. MS and Sony are doing well enough with their own market strategy. i just want people to stop saying that nintendo is a better console maker.

by the same points you could say that harry potter is a better book than any religious book because it markets itself as a book and not a way of life.

No you don´t it quite clear now that you want people to say you made the right choice and Wii is shit. 

What do you mean by: No this is what you keep doing vaio

The end of your post just marks how riddicioulous you are.

i'm sorry you can't hear yourself talking or typing rather.. but you just said that the ps3 and 360 were failing to nintendo's superior strategy. If i recall this is the exact thing i asked people to stop doing because they each have their own strategies, which i referred to in my last rebuttal to you, which you trolled the shit out of.