By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Again, everything you are saying is a personal opinion based on nothing but a very limited experience with a console.

For the record, Zack & Wiki is the most mentally taxing console game on the market right now in my opinion, and Fire Emblem isn't far behind it. I'm a multiplatform owner unlike you, but even so my opinion isn't automatically correct. It's just correct for my individual tastes as a gamer.

You are presenting your individual tastes, and using it to define an entire group of "hardcore" gamers, but you don't have the right to make these generalizations, and it's insulting to your fellow gamers, so stop.

Around the Network
c0rd said:
theprof00 said:

shall i post an average dev cost per console? shall i present a meta of each console average?

So the cost of games now means it's closer to "art?"  I guess so, Spider-Man 3 really was a masterpiece, wasn't it? 

Oh, and metacritic... of course, of course... Because GTA4 is the greatest, most artistic game the HD consoles have to offer.

As for Nintendo being "smarter" than the others - I guarantee you, both would love to be in Nintendo's position.  Only Sony may have something to lose, as they seemed to focus on pushing blu-ray and HDTV's this gen.  Their motives have nothing to do with creating "art."

wow, respond to the word "average" with a single instance..... that is almost, if not the absolute opposite of the word.

you guys just takes the extremes of each word and nothing more.

i never said that money=art

i'm saying that if i make you something made out of popsicle sticks it will cost me a lot less than something done with soldering metal or something. may not be better art, but i took the risk of it being better.

theprof00 said:
naznatips said:
theprof00 said:
naznatips said:
theprof00 said:
i never said i did not understand the wii. but the games aren't epic, save for a small handful and artistic is in the same category.
I'm just saying the wii games are generally smaller and cheaper except for the 1st party games. because of the demographic, it doesn't need to have epic games, because there are enough people in the market to the point where even bland games can sell a lot of copies.

Ignorance and opinion =/= fact.  Stop presenting your opinion as a fact.

shall i post an average dev cost per console? shall i present a meta of each console average?

How does dev cost or meta score have anything to do with epic and artistic?  Christ, metascore is a handful of opinions of a few dozen 20 something year old males, and I can sell you a piece of dog shit for $30 million dollars but it won't be epic.

my point is that i feel ps60 games challenge my abilities on more of an intellectual level, rather than reflex level, or sometimes both. i've had a wii, i was not challenged. i've also owned some of the hardest games that have been the consensus for being hard on this forum.

Ouendan (EBA for japan) was not hard, niether was that surgery game, which i draw a blank to right now. They were taxing on my reflexes but in general i prefer something like better ai, and so forth. Games on the wii, their difficulty, has been, how shall i say, cheap, in the same way sports games are made cheap, by letting the other team foul you without penalty.

this is not to say that the games don't exist. I'm just saying, right now, nintendo hasn't really provided that kind of experience. If anything xbox has done the best in that department by having almost every game online where difficulty ramps up with the player. i don't even own an xbox btw.

These two bolded sections contradict each other. On one hand you say the Wii only challenges your reflexes, not your intellectual side like the PS3 and 360 do. Then on the other hand your evidence of the best example is talking about online multiplayer and how difficulty ramps up, which is directly correlated to reflexes. Make up your mind. You have dug yourself at least 12 feet deep, and a string of reasonable responses would go a long way for you at this point.

Either that or explain what games on the 360 or PS3 have "challenged my abilities on more of an intellectual level".

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

naznatips said:
Again, everything you are saying is a personal opinion based on nothing but a very limited experience with a console.

For the record, Zack & Wiki is the most mentally taxing console game on the market right now in my opinion, and Fire Emblem isn't far behind it. I'm a multiplatform owner unlike you, but even so my opinion isn't automatically correct. It's just correct for my individual tastes as a gamer.

You are presenting your individual tastes, and using it to define an entire group of "hardcore" gamers, but you don't have the right to make these generalizations, and it's insulting to your fellow gamers, so stop.

imho fire emblem= yes zack and wiki= no

naznatips said:

Well said.

i think this thread is done.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
theprof00 said:
naznatips said:
theprof00 said:
naznatips said:
theprof00 said:
i never said i did not understand the wii. but the games aren't epic, save for a small handful and artistic is in the same category.
I'm just saying the wii games are generally smaller and cheaper except for the 1st party games. because of the demographic, it doesn't need to have epic games, because there are enough people in the market to the point where even bland games can sell a lot of copies.

Ignorance and opinion =/= fact.  Stop presenting your opinion as a fact.

How does dev cost or meta score have anything to do with epic and artistic?  Christ, metascore is a handful of opinions of a few dozen 20 something year old males, and I can sell you a piece of dog shit for $30 million dollars but it won't be epic.

my point is that i feel ps60 games challenge my abilities on more of an intellectual level, rather than reflex level, or sometimes both. i've had a wii, i was not challenged. i've also owned some of the hardest games that have been the consensus for being hard on this forum.

Ouendan (EBA for japan) was not hard, niether was that surgery game, which i draw a blank to right now. They were taxing on my reflexes but in general i prefer something like better ai, and so forth. Games on the wii, their difficulty, has been, how shall i say, cheap, in the same way sports games are made cheap, by letting the other team foul you without penalty.

this is not to say that the games don't exist. I'm just saying, right now, nintendo hasn't really provided that kind of experience. If anything xbox has done the best in that department by having almost every game online where difficulty ramps up with the player. i don't even own an xbox btw.

These two bolded sections contradict each other. On one hand you say the Wii only challenges your reflexes, not your intellectual side like the PS3 and 360 do. Then on the other hand your evidence of the best example is talking about online multiplayer and how difficulty ramps up, which is directly correlated to reflexes. Make up your mind. You have dug yourself at least 12 feet deep, and a string of reasonable responses would go a long way for you at this point.

Either that or explain what games on the 360 or PS3 have "challenged my abilities on more of an intellectual level".

really? because i thought it was about predicting your opponent, and strategizing positions. sure there is more reflex, but the mental game is rediculous.

theprof00 said:
i think it very well surmises the pretenses.
the wii is a toy

And because it knows this and doesn't try to be more, it is the most successful toy of the three.

the games are simpler

Yes. Even games like MP Corruption are simpler. Deep and engaging, but I don't think about the controls when I play, I just use them.

it doesn't cater to the hardcore

If you mean lose money and cause many developers to do the same to make one demographic happy, then no they don't.

that isn't a bad thing

No, it isn't.

it is not smarter than sony or ms

What constitutes intelligence from a business stand point?

that is pretty much the whole point

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Soriku said:
leo-j said:
Kane said:
true and the xbox and ps aint?

Xbox, and playstation are multimedia devices, that do much more than just play games

The Wii has multimedia stuff too. Weatehr channel, news channel, photos, etc. Either way, multimedia devices are toys too.

@prof

lol so "difficult" and "epic" ae the same things by your logic? Zelda games are epic but they aren't that hard. Their only difficulty comes from some puzzles.

FF games are epic but they aren't all that hard.

etc.

you should quote what you are replying to. i don't think they are the same, but generally you can find a lot of either on a hardcore platform. imo

theprof00 said:
it is not smarter than sony or ms

that is pretty much the whole point

This is completely incorrect. A company is out to make money and nothing else. The Wii has shown that Nintendo's way is a quick way to make billions of dollars. The MS and Sony route seems to cost billions of dollars. Making more profit is clearly the smarter way. I can't imagine how you could ever construct an arguement to the contrary.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Soriku said:
Prof, you have so many people debunking you. When you realize no one is agreeing with you, you should know there's something very wrong with your statement.

a few have agreed and a lot have said that i'm trolling.

i'm not trying to be right, i'm trying to give my opinion.

in my summarization, i stated that the wii was a great system, and the primary complaint is that i don't like the wii.

so, yaknow, go figure.