By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MCP: IF YOU BUY WII MUSIC I'LL MURDER YOUR FAMILY

Slowly but surely, the hate is convincing me.

It isn't just the potential sales numbers--though I'm starting to wonder if 15 and 20M are in play. (At the least, Wii-brand games should go 5-for-5 in reaching 10M sales when Music and Sports Resort reach it.)

No, the best part is that just like Brain Age, Nintendogs, Wii Sports, Wii Play and Wii Fit, this game could have chapters devoted to it in future game design textbooks. It just has to sell really well, and it will have imitators, it will be analyzed for how it found it's success, and once the hardcore reach the last stage of grief, acceptance, and finally shut up, it will be recognized as a revolutionary moment in videogames.

It's already happened a bunch of times. People wondered why Miyamoto was making a dog game. Now it's his most successful non-bundled game ever, and is a prime case study in applying established gameplay concepts to different content and contexts. People still accuse Nintendo of trying to trick people into buying a crappy tech demo in Wii Play. But it was recently voted by consumers one of the 20 favorite games of all time, and will be a case study in Keep It Simple Stupid. Wii Music could be a future case study in how to engender creativity by removing objectives. That's the best part. In 20 years, all the academic types (who the current hardcore want to be) could be preaching the gospel of Wii Music.

I'm not predicting all that to happen. I really don't know how it will pan out. It will be fun to watch it play out. No one was paying attention to Brain Age or Nintendogs when they came out, and everyone expected the success of the first 3 Wii-brand games. But when people say of this game that "it will probably be a huge seller," they aren't necesarily putting it in that 15M+ sales range, which is the new measure of success for Nintendo.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network
|_emmiwinks said:

With out us Hard Core gamers, your precious Wii wouldnt exist, or do you think casual gaming got the SNES and NES where it ended up?. So you should be worshipping the ground we walk on. Or in other words stop talking like you know something. Period.

Rol? Is that you?

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Miyamoto has said that this is a musical TOY, not a game. It is targeted at elementary school aged kids and younger. If that is not you, or you don't think this TOY looks fun, then don't buy it.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I like Nintendo and what they are doing with the Wii and DS but this game is lame.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

Wow there sure are alot of stuck up people on this website, if you don't like then don't f-ing buy it, idiots.

And please Nintendo won't cancel "core" games so that they can massproduce "shovelware" (Nintendo is the company who make the least amount of "shovelware of any company).

I'm going to buy this game and it won't make me a lesser "gamer" then any of you.

The reason why I will buy it? well it simple: F-U-N.

I can't wait to play this game with friends and family and having a blast while some of sit in your dark little rooms all alone crying to mommy: why moomy why am I so lonely???.

So get of your f-ing high horse.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

totally agree with the original post - I once said as a child that Footloose's storyline will happen and one day music will be banned. The launch of Wii Music is the first sign of that when millions of people will auction their plastic guitars and take up playing the virtual triangle using the wii mote and nunchuck.

This is the first sign people and I reckon Ubisoft are a secret sect of people that have been waiting for this day as they forseen it coming and read about it in some ancient tabloids, they'll be readying "imagine instrumentz" as we speak to release shortly afterwards.

This mass hate the game gets is a free advertising for it and people don't relize this.

If you feel offened of your intelligence then ignore it and don't freaking buy it.

Just ignore it is that really hard?

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

Another method to get rid of your family. ;)

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

guys, this is a toy.. not marketted to us (or possibly it is for some of us).. if you don't like it.. don't buy it.. i certainly won't touch it with a 10 foot pole.. or 11 for that matter, just the same way as i wouldn't go out right now and buy a fisher-price toy...

it is not made for you - get the fuck over it

ATM I am so pissed... What's with the hate about Wii Music?

/sarcasm :P