By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MCP: IF YOU BUY WII MUSIC I'LL MURDER YOUR FAMILY

ItsaMii said:
Hardcore gaming is the cancer and Wii Music is the cure.

With out us Hard Core gamers, your precious Wii wouldnt exist, or do you think casual gaming got the SNES and NES where it ended up?. So you should be worshipping the ground we walk on. Or in other words stop talking like you know something. Period.

OT: I have stated my views of this toy, I need not repeat myself.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network

I'm going to buy this game ... just for shits and giggles.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the best Zelda title ever made.

"The Person Who Got the Closest to Winning the 1st VGC VC Giveaway, but still lost"

It will be a sad day for America, half of all families destroyed, all cause of a game. ='(

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Slowly but surely, the hate is convincing me.

It isn't just the potential sales numbers--though I'm starting to wonder if 15 and 20M are in play. (At the least, Wii-brand games should go 5-for-5 in reaching 10M sales when Music and Sports Resort reach it.)

No, the best part is that just like Brain Age, Nintendogs, Wii Sports, Wii Play and Wii Fit, this game could have chapters devoted to it in future game design textbooks. It just has to sell really well, and it will have imitators, it will be analyzed for how it found it's success, and once the hardcore reach the last stage of grief, acceptance, and finally shut up, it will be recognized as a revolutionary moment in videogames.

It's already happened a bunch of times. People wondered why Miyamoto was making a dog game. Now it's his most successful non-bundled game ever, and is a prime case study in applying established gameplay concepts to different content and contexts. People still accuse Nintendo of trying to trick people into buying a crappy tech demo in Wii Play. But it was recently voted by consumers one of the 20 favorite games of all time, and will be a case study in Keep It Simple Stupid. Wii Music could be a future case study in how to engender creativity by removing objectives. That's the best part. In 20 years, all the academic types (who the current hardcore want to be) could be preaching the gospel of Wii Music.

I'm not predicting all that to happen. I really don't know how it will pan out. It will be fun to watch it play out. No one was paying attention to Brain Age or Nintendogs when they came out, and everyone expected the success of the first 3 Wii-brand games. But when people say of this game that "it will probably be a huge seller," they aren't necesarily putting it in that 15M+ sales range, which is the new measure of success for Nintendo.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

|_emmiwinks said:

With out us Hard Core gamers, your precious Wii wouldnt exist, or do you think casual gaming got the SNES and NES where it ended up?. So you should be worshipping the ground we walk on. Or in other words stop talking like you know something. Period.

Rol? Is that you?

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

Miyamoto has said that this is a musical TOY, not a game. It is targeted at elementary school aged kids and younger. If that is not you, or you don't think this TOY looks fun, then don't buy it.

NNID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
3DS - Currently Gaming Like It's 2011 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - Master Quest
PC - Currently Gaming Like It's 2012 - Borderlands 2
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

I like Nintendo and what they are doing with the Wii and DS but this game is lame.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

Wow there sure are alot of stuck up people on this website, if you don't like then don't f-ing buy it, idiots.

And please Nintendo won't cancel "core" games so that they can massproduce "shovelware" (Nintendo is the company who make the least amount of "shovelware of any company).

I'm going to buy this game and it won't make me a lesser "gamer" then any of you.

The reason why I will buy it? well it simple: F-U-N.

I can't wait to play this game with friends and family and having a blast while some of sit in your dark little rooms all alone crying to mommy: why moomy why am I so lonely???.

So get of your f-ing high horse.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

totally agree with the original post - I once said as a child that Footloose's storyline will happen and one day music will be banned. The launch of Wii Music is the first sign of that when millions of people will auction their plastic guitars and take up playing the virtual triangle using the wii mote and nunchuck.

This is the first sign people and I reckon Ubisoft are a secret sect of people that have been waiting for this day as they forseen it coming and read about it in some ancient tabloids, they'll be readying "imagine instrumentz" as we speak to release shortly afterwards.

This mass hate the game gets is a free advertising for it and people don't relize this.

If you feel offened of your intelligence then ignore it and don't freaking buy it.

Just ignore it is that really hard?

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels