By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First to 8M in 'Others': 360 Vs PS3

I have to say ps3, due to holidays coming up and there will be a bigger Ps3 boost than 360. If you want to know how i know how the Ps3 will have a bigger boost , well its PS3land (SHUT UP WII BOYS).

God its gotta feel like being on boost in a turbo car

Around the Network
skeezer said:
They will be reaching 8.00million the same week probably...but after that its All PS3

Agreed!

I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, okay, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.

Going by sheer numbers, the PS3 needs 810,000 units sold to hit 8mil in Others and the 360 needs 420,000. With the 360 consistently getting about 50,000 a week and the PS3 consistently getting an average of about 80,000 a week, the odds are actually in favor of the 360 hitting 8mil first between the two.

Yeah yeah, insert predictable "Wii beat them both to it by (X) weeks" comment. Somebody was bound to do it, so it might as well be in meta form.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

My predictions have PS3 at 8M by the last week of October or the first week in November. While I have the 360 coming in between the 2nd and 3rd week of November. If sales are sililar to last years this should be the case. I think we could see the PS3 have an even bigger gap this year, as Motorstorm, and Resistance are bigger franchises in Europe than Gears or Fable. Then add in Little Big Planet which Sony will be pushing a huge regional marketing plan with, and I see PS3 being a contender even against the Wii this holiday season.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

yo_john117 said:
tombi123 said:
@gebx

Because xbox fanboys would accuse me of trolling.

explain your logic?? how could that possibly be counted as trolling.

Because current sales trends show that the first to 10 million is nearly 100% garunteed going to be the PS3. It would be the same as someone saying "Which console do you think will get last place in Japan this Gen?".

And Tombi, they are known as XBots, come on. ;)

OT: Its going to be close, which is sad, since the PS3 has had a year and 5 months less time in the European market. BADDA BING! YES! I filled this thread with the regulatory Xbox slam! Im kidding, no seriously dont get the pitch forks...

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network

Well the PS3 has a good shot at it, so I hope it will :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

PS3 will reach 8 million a week before the X360.

BKK2 said:
PS3 should see a big boost from PES next month, so I'll go with PS3.

Both Fifa 09 and Pes 09 will help ps3 in europe.

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

It'll be close. Im gonna say 360 with the PS3 doing it a week or two afterwards.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.