By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The future of game graphics

I like the graphics how they are now (ps360)

mM
Around the Network
Soleron said:

However, we are not much closer to photorealism than 10 years ago.

Just because you bought a wii does not mean that the rest of us aren't!

Kurakasa said:
Soleron said:

However, we are not much closer to photorealism than 10 years ago.

Just because you bought a wii does not mean that the rest of us aren't!

ROFL

Wow, QFT!!

mM
colonelstubbs said:
"However, we are not much closer to photorealism than 10 years ago."

We arent closer to photo-real graphics than we were 10 years ago?

Id say we are closer! All we had back then were petty little sprites

I say we are 10 years closer than we were 10 years ago. XD

On a more important note [atleast to me].
I don't really want photoreal graphix in games. I like things like how they are now. Maybe improve on some shadows and texture issues, and get rid of some jagged edges. But other than that... i think photoreal will make games a bit more dull for me. InFamous [ignoring the Jagged Edges, and you mite have to improve shadows.] for example, if everygame that's supposed to be realistic feeling looks like that... I would be happy.

4 ≈ One

maybe they can real as holograms...

Around the Network
Soleron said:

Gamers demand better and faster graphics...

I don't agree with this.  Expected yes, demanded no, marketted as innovation?  Absolutely.  Graphics are a commodity now.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog

I just don't think that the next generations of consoles will be as huge a leap as this era... HD gaming will be standard and the consoles will probably have alot more connectivity and functionality. But the graphics alone won't convince the average consumer that they need to fork over another $500 or more (lets hope not!) for a console that is only marginally better than what they already have... except for Wii owners, those people will buy anything

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Didn't somebody post a video of something related to this a few weeks ago. Some guys have developed software that allows them to scan a scene and it then it generates a realtime representation of that scene, polygons, textures and all. I can't remember who posted the video but it was cool so if that person is still around, please post it again:)

i cant imagine ps5 graphics

colonelstubbs said:
"However, we are not much closer to photorealism than 10 years ago."

We arent closer to photo-real graphics than we were 10 years ago?

Id say we are closer! All we had back then were petty little sprites

Fail. You just proved you don't own a 5th gen system. The graphics now are more advanced, but they were not only sprites ten years ago, and we should all band together to wack this noob over th head with copies of Ocarina of Time and Metal Gear Solid, both of which came out then years ago.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs