By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The OFFICIAL E3 2007 Nintendo Press Conference Thread

I give it a C+ to B- thus far. I wanted more surprise announcements. Nothing really surprised me. The Wii Wheel was some what of a suprise but its a minor announcement. The conference just confirmed a lot of what we already knew i.e. WiiFit, Mario Kart Wii, etc. Some of the online stuff was cool though. 32 player multiplayer in Medal of Honor for Wii definitely caught my attention.

Around the Network

If you're CNBC or CNN and have only 30 seconds, are you going to show Wii Fit or the same old FPS games with prettier graphics? It's a no brainer really.

tao, but not everyone want to go to the gym to work out. That's why we have millions of fitness DVD's out there. Ever turn the TV on in the morning and flip through about six different stations showing workouts? The market is there and it should do very well.

http://www.subodesign.com

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Ghost Squad, Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, Wii Play
FishyJoe said:
If you're CNBC or CNN and have only 30 seconds, are you going to show Wii Fit or the same old FPS games with prettier graphics? It's a no brainer really.

Wii haters just don't get this obvious fact

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Kwaad said:
Ok. I give up on this thread. The Nintendo E3 confrence was amazing, and one of the best in all history. Go nintendo. Their always the best.
(END SCARCASM)

No one is saying that, but nice to know you will troll a conference you never even watched.

Around the Network
Kwaad said:
Ok. I give up on this thread. The Nintendo E3 confrence was amazing, and one of the best in all history. Go nintendo. Their always the best.
(END SCARCASM)

I don't see what you're giving up on... it seems most people seem to share your sentiments..

Kwaad, the only reason you came here for is to annoy Nintendo fans, obviously. Why do you do that? There's a nice, warm Sony press conference thread waiting for you. There you'll meet hundreds of people that love the same games you love. Why hang around here and try to convince Mario fans they should play Killzone instead?

Thank you.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
Kwaad said:
E3 is about gamers. Casual gamers dont watch E3. Casual gamers dont watch G4TV. Casual gamers dont come here and talk about games. Casual gamers dont go to IGN to see how the progress on their favorite is comming.
It would seem that the media companies are comming to a screeching halt, up-talking the Wii.
I'm actually amazed all you guys arent saying 'OMFG NINTENDO OWNED MICROSOFT. NINTENDO WILL RULE FOR ALL TIME!!!'
The fact you guys are kinda iffy and reserve... Really makes me think nintendo failed to do what you are meant to do at E3. Impress, amaze, and entertain.

If Sony takes home E3, I think sony might be able to win this one agian, becuase sales will skyrocket. G4TV is talking about Halo3 and Killzone2 still. Their already over Nintendo. LOL

You're wrong. Casual gamers and non-gamers don't watch the live feed and check websites for news, but something like WiiFit is going to be all over the news tonight. When people read newspapers tommorrow morning and they mention E3, they'll probably use one picture, and one picture only and you can pretty much bet that picture is going to show a person standing on a Wii Balance board. If the Wii was last holiday seasons big fad well then the Wii Balance Board is this years, this thing is going to sell millions. And proves the Wii can change itself and evolve into new gameplay experiences. Of course for hardcore gamers this game isn't insanely exciting, but in the big picture, in my opinion this will end up being bigger then GTA, Halo, Mario and anything else coming 3rd and 4th Quarter of 2007.

Nintendo does destroy the gaming like we know it :(.

Where were the ds games?

nope, not very exciting.

basically just "staying the course" for nintendo. which, is working incredibly well.

i don't know, not impressed by wii board. but i missed the middle 30 minutes because of a meeting, so i need to watch the thing over again. it doesn't look that fun. but i read there are 40 exercises? i only saw the soccer heading one.

definitely not a knockout. not even remotely close to that.

guess it's still only a 3300 people company, they can only do so much.

the Wii is an epidemic.