By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The OFFICIAL E3 2007 Nintendo Press Conference Thread

No one gets it... but that's okay.

All this doom and gloom I see all over the web about the failure of Nintendo to the 'core' gamers is just plain weird... do people not expect more media to be released about the big FOUR now? Why waste time in the press conference showing a heap of stuff about games that are already known about?

That's what the rest of E3 is for... sheesh, this was an brilliant press conference for the PRESS... bleh I'm not going to bother any more either.

Around the Network

Really guys, stop trolling Kwaads posts.

It´s true what he says, the conference wasn´t that awesome for the hardcore crowd and you know it.

Of course Wii Fit will sell millions of copies and the Wii sales will Skyrocket when it comes out together with Smash Bros., Super Mario, Resident Evil, etc. this holiday, but Kwaad is a real core gamer.

So it wasn´t that interesting for him.

tao said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
tao said:
VGchartz should take the Wii off the salescharts since it isnt a gameconsole anymore.....

When i want too sport i go to the gym, when i want to game i play a videogame. Is that too hard to understand Nintendo? Not everyone likes to work out in their livingroom, atleast i don't and i'm sure 90% agrees with me (except the Diehard Nintendo fans) Working out in your livingroom is meant for retards imo.

Why not join the army instead of playing FPS?

I've been in the army for 2.5 years.....

Anyway, I really don't understand why everyone is defending this Bullshit that Nintendo is pulling. WTF does it mather if it will sell or not, this shit isnt meant for gamers and everyone knows it.

You're currently showing symptoms of a condition named "Unacceptance of progress". The core of the problem is your definition of the word "gamer", and the way you view the Wii. The cure is to let time pass, you will accept it eventually.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@ Kwaad once again

>>> It would seem that the media companies are comming to a screeching halt, up-talking the Wii. 

Yeah, that's what you'd like to see, obviously.

>>> I'm actually amazed all you guys arent saying 'OMFG NINTENDO OWNED MICROSOFT. NINTENDO WILL RULE FOR ALL TIME!!!'

Maybe we're not because - this would be completely stupid fanboy behaviour? So you actually COMPLAIN that people DON'T flame and troll? Interesting. 

>>> G4TV is talking about Halo3 and Killzone2 still.

So Halo3 and Killzone2 must be better games than Mario Kart and Mario Galaxy, you've got me convinced. 

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
naznatips said:
Kwaad said:

OriGin - the fact that 50% of people are calling me trolling, when I am stating facts about real world. So I give up on this thread. There is nothing that can be added.

EDIT: E3 is about the gamers. If it wasnt IGN, 1UP, Kotaku, G4TV, and every gameing mazine in the world wouldnt be there. If it was for the mass media, only the big exclusives would be there. CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, and quite a few others. It wouldnt really concern the game related press.

That's because it's for BOTH you troll. I mean for the love of god, do you really think CNN, MSNBC, NBC, or CBS will show ANYTHING from Sony or Microsoft's conferences? Of course not. They'll show Wii fit though. On the other hand what are the major gaming websites going to show? Mario Kart, new SMG footage, new MP3 footage, new PH footage, MoH with 32 online multiplayer, Miis in Fifa, release dates for SSBB and SMG along with Micorosoft and Sony stuff. What they just did, and you seem to have completely missed, is insure they have press coverage on BOTH sides of the track. They manipulated the purpose of E3 and from their perspective did a masterfull job.

naznatips - I actually agree. But I think there will be mention of Home and LBP aswell.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

you guys don't see what they say is true.
Wiimote made with a casual game used for hardcore games and casual games.
Balancing board made for and used with a casual game. Can be used for hardcore games ( remember those arcades snowboarding ect) It seems it can measure your lenght (because it could calculate bmi ) means it can also measure hight movement.
This board has so much potentional :D

Yea nothing new announced for the DS is kinda disappointing too, I guess Nintendo is content to just coast along with that and let the third-parties have some room to shine there.

Maybe we'll see more out of them at TGS since it's only a couple months from now and Nintendo will actually be there for once.

And we'll definitely see more out of MS at X07.

Louie said:
Really guys, stop trolling Kwaads posts.

It´s true what he says, the conference wasn´t that awesome for the hardcore crowd and you know it.

Of course Wii Fit will sell millions of copies and the Wii sales will Skyrocket when it comes out together with Smash Bros., Super Mario, Resident Evil, etc. this holiday, but Kwaad is a real core gamer.

So it wasn´t that interesting for him.

I wouldn't be so annoyed with him if he had actually watched it before trolling it.  I didn't say it was incredible, in fact I expect Sony to have more that appeals to ME personally, but for the purpose of the conference they did a pretty good job, hence my B score.

tao said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
tao said:
VGchartz should take the Wii off the salescharts since it isnt a gameconsole anymore.....

When i want too sport i go to the gym, when i want to game i play a videogame. Is that too hard to understand Nintendo? Not everyone likes to work out in their livingroom, atleast i don't and i'm sure 90% agrees with me (except the Diehard Nintendo fans) Working out in your livingroom is meant for retards imo.

Why not join the army instead of playing FPS?

I've been in the army for 2.5 years.....

Anyway, I really don't understand why everyone is defending this Bullshit that Nintendo is pulling. WTF does it mather if it will sell or not, this shit isnt meant for gamers and everyone knows it.

That doesn't mean non-gamers or casuals should be ignored. Variety is a good thing. As much as I like my 360, I'm getting burnt out on the shooters.  They're starting to blend together for me, in a sense. I'm more of a casual gamer than I am hardcore and I'm glad I'm getting some attention paid my way. That's not to say I'm rocking Cooking Mama every night, but I'd rather play MVP Baseball or Guitar Hero than Final Fantasy.

Current systems owned: Wii, 360. I'll get a PS3 when hell freezes over!... or when the price drops to a reasonable level. Whichever comes first.

Kwaad said:
naznatips said:
Kwaad said:

OriGin - the fact that 50% of people are calling me trolling, when I am stating facts about real world. So I give up on this thread. There is nothing that can be added.

EDIT: E3 is about the gamers. If it wasnt IGN, 1UP, Kotaku, G4TV, and every gameing mazine in the world wouldnt be there. If it was for the mass media, only the big exclusives would be there. CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, and quite a few others. It wouldnt really concern the game related press.

That's because it's for BOTH you troll. I mean for the love of god, do you really think CNN, MSNBC, NBC, or CBS will show ANYTHING from Sony or Microsoft's conferences? Of course not. They'll show Wii fit though. On the other hand what are the major gaming websites going to show? Mario Kart, new SMG footage, new MP3 footage, new PH footage, MoH with 32 online multiplayer, Miis in Fifa, release dates for SSBB and SMG along with Micorosoft and Sony stuff. What they just did, and you seem to have completely missed, is insure they have press coverage on BOTH sides of the track. They manipulated the purpose of E3 and from their perspective did a masterfull job.

naznatips - I actually agree. But I think there will be mention of Home and LBP aswell.

And as I said I expect Sony to have more that interests ME personally, and I am looking forward to their conference.  As far as appealing to both audiences though Nintendo did a great job.  Obviously the casual appeal games don't interest me much (though for some reason I find myself caring about Wii Fit), but they still provided an entertaining (hardly perfect) conference experience with a mix of casual and hardcore appeal.  If Sony shows Home (which doesn't appeal to me either) then yes, they will be accomplishing the same thing Nintendo tried to do.  Home probably won't get the media attention of Wii Fit though.  Second Life has been around a long time, motion sensing like THIS though is very new (and could serve some interesting purposes in hardcore games).