By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The OFFICIAL E3 2007 Nintendo Press Conference Thread

Kwaad said:

And E3 is all about entertaing the gamers.

To fail at that, is to fail. 

I'm sorry to disagree, but that's what E3 was about, it no longer is. Seriously, go to PAX for that. The new E3 is about the press - the only ones that had access to the show. And not only the gaming press, but the general press.

And the gaming press in particular is going to be all over every goddamn Nintendo announcement they do anywhere, be it today at the main E3 conference, be it at the rest of E3, or at PAX, or any other gathering or whatever for that matter.

The general press, on the other hand, will have a much shorter atention span. The conference was about getting Wii Fit to show up on every newspaper tomorrow. And I'd say they pretty much succeeded at that.

The gaming press will still get to see 3rd party announcements (some of which were hinted at in this conference), will get to play 3rd party and 1st party games in the floor. The most reputable ones will still get to meet behind closed doors directly with developers. And maybe a trailer or two will get released like last year's Brawl, which was not at the conference. It's not like it's over already.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network

Come on Kwaad, you don't want to get banned before the Sony conference! Imagine how sad it would be...

So please don't make the mods ban you.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Anyway, as you can see from my summary, I thought it was good but not great. I found it entertaining, but would have liked more new stuff. Sony certainly has a chance to wow me and take my highest score. We'll see soon.

I do have to say watching self declared "hard core" gamers and "real" gamers have melt downs over fricking scale is quite hilarious.

OriGin - the fact that 50% of people are calling me trolling, when I am stating facts about real world. So I give up on this thread. There is nothing that can be added.

EDIT: E3 is about the gamers. If it wasnt IGN, 1UP, Kotaku, G4TV, and every gameing mazine in the world wouldnt be there. If it was for the mass media, only the big exclusives would be there. CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, and quite a few others. It wouldnt really concern the game related press. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network
tschriner said:
tao, but not everyone want to go to the gym to work out. That's why we have millions of fitness DVD's out there. Ever turn the TV on in the morning and flip through about six different stations showing workouts? The market is there and it should do very well.

Thank you for catching my point ;) Personally I have some chronical back problems, and am not really able to go to the gym, and therefore the WIIFit will most likely be something for me.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Avinash_Tyagi said:
tao said:
VGchartz should take the Wii off the salescharts since it isnt a gameconsole anymore.....

When i want too sport i go to the gym, when i want to game i play a videogame. Is that too hard to understand Nintendo? Not everyone likes to work out in their livingroom, atleast i don't and i'm sure 90% agrees with me (except the Diehard Nintendo fans) Working out in your livingroom is meant for retards imo.

Why not join the army instead of playing FPS?

I've been in the army for 2.5 years.....

Anyway, I really don't understand why everyone is defending this Bullshit that Nintendo is pulling. WTF does it mather if it will sell or not, this shit isnt meant for gamers and everyone knows it.

^^it aint much, if it aint dutch^^

Kwaad said:

OriGin - the fact that 50% of people are calling me trolling, when I am stating facts about real world. So I give up on this thread. There is nothing that can be added.

EDIT: E3 is about the gamers. If it wasnt IGN, 1UP, Kotaku, G4TV, and every gameing mazine in the world wouldnt be there. If it was for the mass media, only the big exclusives would be there. CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, and quite a few others. It wouldnt really concern the game related press. 

Gaming is no longer only about self declared gamers, get used to it.

Kwaad said:

That's because it's for BOTH you troll.  I mean for the love of god, do you really think CNN, MSNBC, NBC, or CBS will show ANYTHING from Sony or Microsoft's conferences?  Of course not.  They'll show Wii fit though.  On the other hand what are the major gaming websites going to show?  Mario Kart, new SMG footage, new MP3 footage, new PH footage, MoH with 32 online multiplayer, Miis in Fifa, release dates for SSBB and SMG along with Micorosoft and Sony stuff.  What they just did, and you seem to have completely missed, is insure they have press coverage on BOTH sides of the track.  They manipulated the purpose of E3 and from their perspective did a masterfull job.

I think WiiFit is awesome addition.