By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The OFFICIAL E3 2007 Nintendo Press Conference Thread

Kwaad said:
E3 is about gamers. Casual gamers dont watch E3. Casual gamers dont watch G4TV. Casual gamers dont come here and talk about games. Casual gamers dont go to IGN to see how the progress on their favorite is comming.
It would seem that the media companies are comming to a screeching halt, up-talking the Wii.
I'm actually amazed all you guys arent saying 'OMFG NINTENDO OWNED MICROSOFT. NINTENDO WILL RULE FOR ALL TIME!!!'
The fact you guys are kinda iffy and reserve... Really makes me think nintendo failed to do what you are meant to do at E3. Impress, amaze, and entertain.

If Sony takes home E3, I think sony might be able to win this one agian, becuase sales will skyrocket. G4TV is talking about Halo3 and Killzone2 still. Their already over Nintendo. LOL

Yeah i think you have a point. I didn't liked their show. But you sound a bit over enthousiastic... chill down a bit it's not like E3 success= Generation Success.

Around the Network
Kwaad said:
E3 is about gamers. Casual gamers dont watch E3. Casual gamers dont watch G4TV. Casual gamers dont come here and talk about games. Casual gamers dont go to IGN to see how the progress on their favorite is comming.
It would seem that the media companies are comming to a screeching halt, up-talking the Wii.
I'm actually amazed all you guys arent saying 'OMFG NINTENDO OWNED MICROSOFT. NINTENDO WILL RULE FOR ALL TIME!!!'
The fact you guys are kinda iffy and reserve... Really makes me think nintendo failed to do what you are meant to do at E3. Impress, amaze, and entertain.

If Sony takes home E3, I think sony might be able to win this one agian, becuase sales will skyrocket. G4TV is talking about Halo3 and Killzone2 still. Their already over Nintendo. LOL

Media watch E3. Media hypes games. Media will hype Wii fit for casuals.

And about sony. You said the same thing after GDC.. you predicted the same thing with "Home". 

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Kwaad, I agree. From everything I've read, Nintendo did nothing that awesome other than:

Mention a few new things like the Zapper and Board
Show vids of SSBB and SMG (very good)
Announce Wii Health
Ensure there's a MKWii

Nothing, and I mean nothing, of this is new except for the fitness board. As a gamer (an actual gamer), I don't see anything they've announced that'd make me want to buy a Wii (which I was/am considering), but it seems like they've totally decided to destroy old Nintendocore people like myself, and shift so far into the Blue Ocean, that any sort of actual game (you know, with a story line) isn't being promoted as much as it could, since no new IPs were announced that were.....games.

Im thinking Sony could pull away with some smidgen of momentum if they really had something good to show that didn't involve their upcoming lineup of games. If they could announce a major shift with new IPs, they could win. But if Nintendo, who has all the momentum and cash for new games, can't do it; I really doubt Sony can.

MS: C+ (B+ for games, D- for Hardware, D for effort)
Nintendo: B- (D for games, B for hardware, B for effort)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

WiiGirl76 said:
Sony press conference tomorrow at 8.30 PM CET tomorrow (= for example, Germany, Belgium, The Netherlands), UK = 7.30PM

Kwaad.. stop ranting, gamers are NOT even invited, only press is allowed to be there, that was last year, not this year anymore.

Not tomorrow, today!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

naznatips said:
WiiGirl76 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
FishyJoe said:
Kwaad said:

And E3 is all about entertaing the gamers.

No, that's what you want E3 to be about.

Exactly, E3 isn't about the gamers, if you notice Gamers aren't even invited for the most part, its a press conference, and Wii fit will get a lot of press

Exactly! I almost bounced on the floor of surprise when Miyamoto came up with the WII Fit Board... if this ain't hot news for the press then I don't know what it is...

I completely agree.  it WAS entertaining, very entertaining in fact.  My issue with it is there wasn't much new anounced.

My issue as well, but isn't that always the case with these shows? The press seems to measure more rumors then the outcome will be.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Around the Network

Summary

Positives:

The Zapper looked pretty cool.

Something about 32 player Multiplayer online Medal of Honor (WTF)

Mario Kart Wii announced with multiple control schemes, online play, a boxed in wheel peripheral, and online battle mode.

Super Mario Galaxy footage was amazing, and we saw a new suit for Mario! Varying gravity levels is awesome as well.

Phantom Hourglass was great looking

Metroid Prime 3 was great looking

The Wii Board was awesome, and could be used in many ways. Wii fitness was pretty cool, despite being casual.

The conference itself was entertaining.

The Negatives:

The fact that he talked about so many online games without SSBB pretty much confirms no online.

No new game announcements other than MK Wii

Way too many montages of people saying they loved the Wii.

That's about it. My breakdown on the conference. My score for it is a B (I gave Microsoft a C for reference).

Haven't watched it yet (I'm at work) but I'm reminded of the tone after the E3 2005 Nintendo keynote ...

"Nintendogs? WTF was that?"
"Another Animal Crossing game?"
"Who would want to Brain-Train?"

Their announcements confused everyone yet lead to the DS destroying the PSP in sales ...

Don't underestimate what they have announced today.

Well I await the national 5:30PM news shows. Anyone want to bet Ninty is mentioned?

mrstickball said:
Kwaad, I agree. From everything I've read, Nintendo did nothing that awesome other than:

Mention a few new things like the Zapper and Board
Show vids of SSBB and SMG (very good)
Announce Wii Health
Ensure there's a MKWii

Nothing, and I mean nothing, of this is new except for the fitness board. As a gamer (an actual gamer), I don't see anything they've announced that'd make me want to buy a Wii (which I was/am considering), but it seems like they've totally decided to destroy old Nintendocore people like myself, and shift so far into the Blue Ocean, that any sort of actual game (you know, with a story line) isn't being promoted as much as it could, since no new IPs were announced that were.....games.

Im thinking Sony could pull away with some smidgen of momentum if they really had something good to show that didn't involve their upcoming lineup of games. If they could announce a major shift with new IPs, they could win. But if Nintendo, who has all the momentum and cash for new games, can't do it; I really doubt Sony can.

MS: C+ (B+ for games, D- for Hardware, D for effort)
Nintendo: B- (D for games, B for hardware, B for effort)

You're thinking like an elitist gamer, that is why you fail

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I think Hourglass looks awesome for the DS. And I am going to have a ton of games to buy coming up. MP3, Brawl, Galaxy, Medal of Honour (For multiplayer ALONE!), Guitar Hero 3, and Mario Kart! I'm kind of glad they didn't release any more info. And I will probably pick up WiiFit for my wife and I. I need more money. I hear donating plasma get you $60 locally! Hmm... 3 times a month, that's 3 games a month! JACKPOT.

http://www.subodesign.com

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Ghost Squad, Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, Wii Play