By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

for it to look this good this early is impressive hopefully we'll get more details about the game tomorrow

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network

wow, gotta say, the graphics look absolutely amazing.

the Wii is an epidemic.

"In the first few minutes, the game showed a number of similarities to Resistance. Environment textures, the combat flow, and the pacing all seemed to be very similar to what we saw in Insomniac's game, though obviously with a much more dreary setting."

i have a feeling they are using some of insomniacs code, Resistance online is perfect!!

BenKenobi88 said:
Don't get me wrong...it looks good.

I just don't get what the hype is about, because I don't even know what's going on with the story...what kind of game is this? It just seems too typical.

It is an FPS. It kind of looks like a cross between Resistance and Gears to me. Graphically it looks top notch it appears to eb in teh same vein as Gears some of the building architecture appear to have a higher poly count. The detail on the detail on the faces appear to be very well done at a distance. However all of the pictures appear to have very blurry textures to me and the level layout and art design look like a upgraded or second gen resistance. The loading concerns me to 3-5 second pauses in the middle of teh battlefield is not a good thing. Also I am not buying the unique 2 gig a level statement. They said the same thing about Resistance. More impressed than I thought I would be though and that is a good thing.

Bonafide732 said:
i hope it plays as good as it looks..

Can only hope.

Some are saying that COD4 matches it in the graphics department, if it does and Killzone is like coming in Q1 08 then I will gladly accept that now they are matched :) 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Wow guys!  This looks good!

Hey!  Want to see what my PC can do?

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
shams said:

Screens do look pretty damned nice ;)

Just waiting to see this in motion...

(also saw the RE5 trailer - if that is in-game, its pretty amazing - and damned scary to boot!).

Whichever system gets RE5 first is the system I buy than.

The detail in those buildings in that one shot I really like. Also what is that red particled stuff in the air, some kind of a powder or something? It's well done.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Avalach21 said:

Wow guys!  This looks good!

Hey!  Want to see what my PC can do?

Yup the PC is more powerful and gears will look a lot better on my PC than the 360. That aside Crysis is still just another FPS which I could care less about.

@Avalach21:

Vegetation is one of the hardest and most taxing objects to render convincingly. That screen's from Crysis, right?

Trees FTW!