By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 Event

The Killzone 2 event is over and in 18 minutes, the embargo will be lifted and 1up and ign and others are going to give their first impressions of the game.

They got to actually play the game in demo form.

Get ready for either massive disappointment or huge surprises!

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

that soon? I guess I have to stay up even later now...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

10 minutes

I can't believe the gaf thread for Killzone 2 event is about to surpass the thread for the whole MS conference. Way too much hype for this lol 

3 minutes~!

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Gaf is faltering again...

Around the Network

First impressions in, get 'em while they're hot:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/803/803129p1.html

OMG yes:

The opening was once again fantastic, but we couldn't help but sit there and think, "When are we finally going to see some in-game footage?" The only thing was that we had been looking at in-game footage. As soon as our soldier hits the ground and his gun comes into view, very much like what we saw with the opening to Resistance, we couldn't help but think, "Holy hell, all of that was in-game?"

Indeed, it's quickly apparent that Guerilla has come much closer to the original trailer than most anyone thought possible. It's not 100% identical to be sure, but there are times (quite often) when it's really, really damn close.

PISS THEY DID IT!??!! OMFG PS3 WINS

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Sounds good...

I still think it's getting overhyped to death though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

More:

While not featuring as much normal mapping in pro-pixel leatherization diffusion as Gears of War, it bests it in other ways. For one, there's more polygonal detail in, well, everything. Soldiers' faces looked unbelievable, and while you can pick out polygons while studying their shoulders, we must repeat that you have to study them. Streets and buildings are lined with stuff, and there's not really a better way to encompass that. Power lines, boxes, railings, window sills, trash... it's all there. While there aren't as many effects going on as we've seen in some UE3 gamers, there's unmistakably more detail to everything.