By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

More detail than gears less effects, exactly what I was saying about the helghast.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Ahh Sony, yahh deliverd.

They actually redid the scene from the 05 trailer in game. Not exactly the same but very close according to ign.

The lighting is also smoother. While UE3 games like Gears boast realtime lighting for everything, Killzone 2's lighting scheme mixes realtime and pre-canned lighting for an extremely smooth and, frankly, extremely impressive lighting model. The art direction, what with its dark colors and overly-gritty feel, keep the game from looking "real", but that doesn't mean it isn't absolutely immersive. I will personally say that I can't remember seeing a more impressive lighting model than this. More realistic? Maybe. But more impressive? No.

Best lighting in a game confirmed? I am loving these impressions so far. 

Now for the gameplay... Do you remember what it felt like to first play Call of Duty, with bullets flying everywhere and feeling like safety or even pause was nowhere to be found? That's Killzone 2 in a nutshell. The bullets only stopped when a hallway was cleared and you haven't gotten to the next corner yet. And that didn't happen very often.

Trailer on PSN tomorrow at 3 pm, also vids and pics coming soon online. 

Around the Network

Not surprised that its a success. This is sony for faks sake, look at their 1st party games.

god damn i cant wait for the conferance... another 10 hours ahahahahahaha.

HOLY CRAP they said that it was Pre alpha stage on top of all that. The most anticipated game Shows its true beauty. CANT wait to see the Trailer on the PSN tomarrow at 3pm

Want to see the game for yourself? Head to the PlayStation Network at 3pm PST on Wednesday and you'll find a brand-spanking-new trailer waiting there for you.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

yaaayy sony delivered... i was gonna go to sleep but i couldnt i had to stay up and find out.. every website is giving the same impressions... finally sony delivered.. i cant wait to see this tomorrow at 6pm easter to download on the PS Store!!!!!!

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

First pics: