By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which franchise is better: Super smash bros, Dead or alive, or tekken?

SSB is the best series. Out of all the games in the fray, Tekken 3 is the best for me.
But rather than instigating platform wars, the thread could have been made to compare, say,Tekken, VF and Soul Calibur(which wouldve made sense)

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network
Impulsivity said:
Tekken is the best if you are someone who likes to really master a game and appreciates an in depth system of counters and combos. Tekken is my favorite by far.

SSBB is more fun to play casually with people who aren't very good at games. Some will claim its deep but rolling around and blocking a lot then hitting the same 4 or 5 moves which all use the same button does not make a deep game. Fun yes, deep no. Also I thought Tekken Force was the worst most tacked on single player option in any fighting game, then I played the SSBB single player game and realized the Tekken one wasn't that bad at all in comparison....

So what you're saying is you haven't played Brawl for more than 10 minutes?  Gotcha.

-edit-

And before you say I was one of those people with no skillz I pretty much mastered Tekken back in the day.  We would play Tekken Tag for hours upon hours in the dorms and apartments.  I was near unbeatable with Kunimitsu (unless they used Eddie against me) and pretty damn awesome with Xioyou's throws.

Super Smash Bros, Tekken is a close second.

Tekken: ok but not really my thing.
DOA : ditto but anyone who prefers it for the women should just get a real one!
SSB: amazing fun! Gets my vote.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

DOA requires digital boobies just to garner attention. It would be a failed franchise without them and it's sad that in this day and age of Google that it still has relevance.

Tekken 3 was great but it's not really had that wow factor since.

SSB series has to much going for it over the other two that make it currently the best of the franchises.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Super smash Bros, Dead or alive in second and then Tekken.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Out of the franchises you named SSB, I hated Tekken since Tekken 4.

Impulsivity said:
Tekken is the best if you are someone who likes to really master a game and appreciates an in depth system of counters and combos. Tekken is my favorite by far.

SSBB is more fun to play casually with people who aren't very good at games. Some will claim its deep but rolling around and blocking a lot then hitting the same 4 or 5 moves which all use the same button does not make a deep game. Fun yes, deep no. Also I thought Tekken Force was the worst most tacked on single player option in any fighting game, then I played the SSBB single player game and realized the Tekken one wasn't that bad at all in comparison....

Oh, sorry to hear your bad at smash ^^;

OP: Anyways, the answer is obviously Smash Bros. I'm not too fond of traditional fighters. Howeveer there is so much to learn every time you play, keep getting better, mastering new techniques, and not to mention all the good times you can have at smash tourneys. The smash community itself is a joy to be around and that's part of the fun ^__^

Super Smash Brothers. Just because i enjoyed it, and never enjoyed Tekken. Never played DOA, but i saw the film, and wow, it sucked.

I was an expert with Fox Mcloud, nobody could beat me. Back in the day....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

lulz brawl thats not even a question :o