By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Absolutely BULLSHIT sales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LIES ALL LIES

As you may know other than vgchartz, http://nexgenwars.com/ tracks console sales.

ITS BULLSHIT.

Wii - 23 mil

360 - 20 mil

PS3 - 11 mil?????

talk about undertracked.

Also this is my first post.

Around the Network

Welcome :P *Edit* I see what you mean - if your saying next gen is wrong?

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

I love this part:

Where do the numbers come from?

The console sales numbers you see on the front page of NexGen Wars are estimates, and are not intended to represent exact, down to the minute sales as only Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony know the exact sales figures of their respective consoles. What we do here at NexGen Wars is compile numbers from NPD, Media Create, ChartTrack, as well as various other sources. We then take these numbers and, based on past sales trends, extrapolate the numbers out to give as close to real-time estimates as possible. Again, these are only estimates, but we are confident in our ability to bring you accurate and unbiased sales figures. Not only do we extrapolate the numbers out so they don't lag months behind with the official sales numbers, but we also update the numbers when new official numbers have been released to keep our estimates as accurate as possible.

nexgenwars have a wrong numbers ... i think its not updated from months.

PSPIMP huh? I have instant dislike of you :P

Around the Network

That site is terrible. and their numbers have increased at the same rate for MONTHS! Perhaps for even over a year.

I thin nexgenwars is actually somewhat abandoned. I'm not sure though.

By the way we do try and keep the bashing of other sites down here so this will probably be closed.

Rath said:
I thin nexgenwars is actually somewhat abandoned. I'm not sure though.

By the way we do try and keep the bashing of other sites down here so this will probably be closed.

I'm sure ioi wouldn't mind some trash talk at the expense of his (weak) competition :P

Munkeh111 said:

I love this part:

Where do the numbers come from?

The console sales numbers you see on the front page of NexGen Wars are estimates, and are not intended to represent exact, down to the minute sales as only Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony know the exact sales figures of their respective consoles. What we do here at NexGen Wars is compile numbers from NPD, Media Create, ChartTrack, as well as various other sources. We then take these numbers and, based on past sales trends, extrapolate the numbers out to give as close to real-time estimates as possible. Again, these are only estimates, but we are confident in our ability to bring you accurate and unbiased sales figures. Not only do we extrapolate the numbers out so they don't lag months behind with the official sales numbers, but we also update the numbers when new official numbers have been released to keep our estimates as accurate as possible.

Well, they say alot of things......

But im sure they are months behind or MS fanboyz..

--OkeyDokey-- said:
PSPIMP huh? I have instant dislike of you :P

Well, i dont give a shit whether u lyk my username or not.