By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Conduit is starting to get overhyped.

What's this? A 3rd party title on the Wii getting "overhyped"? If that's the case I'm all for it.

It's a good looking game that's taking advantage of the hardware and is putting Wii's different peripherals to good use. And if this means that the title will recieve more sales because of the excitement surrounding it, then I don't see this as a bad thing.

Now, if we could only "overhype" de Blob.

Around the Network

Other than this thread, this is the first time I think I've ever made any kind of comment on the Conduit. I'm in the wait and see camp, completely neutral.

I have to say, I was a little reserved on The Conduit myself until I actually got to play it, it really is coming together great so far.

@Wii fanboys that are on my ass about this sh!t game:

It just another FPS, lol. It's a generic and stale genre where all of the games play almost exactly alike. What, exactly, will make this game better than the billion other FPS that you see today? Seriously, this game nothing and the Wii can do better; it already has!

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
@Wii fanboys that are on my ass about this sh!t game:

It just another FPS, lol. It's a generic and stale genre where all of the games play almost exactly alike. What, exactly, will make this game better than the billion other FPS that you see today? Seriously, this game nothing and the Wii can do better; it already has!

Care to name those people?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
Sherlock99 said:
the only game i would consider overhyped is LBP someone actually said LBP is the Mario killer lol.

I miss Rock_on2008... With his silly PS3 threads.. but it always gives a good laugh!

And yes the Conduit overhyped, like KZ2, LBP, FFXiii FFversusXiii and many more but at least it doesn't gives us the same threads every week about the great graphics or how many will it sell..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Agreed with gnizmo.

HVS made 50 cent bullet-proof.

'nuff said.

But really, the game is overhyped. I also agree with Kasz. As soon as the screens came out, it was apparently as good looking as a 360 game (there was a thread on this). That's before any info even came out, just a couple of screens.

So yes, it's been overhyped since it's inception.

If there are any Microsoft fanboys lurking in or participating in this thread, you don't have any right to accuse any 1st person shooter of being overhyped. I won't mention any names, but your platform is the host to the most overhyped and overrated 1st person shooter franchise in existence.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

so what?

RolStoppable said:
akuma587 said:
Untouch said:
Start saying that about LBP.
;)

The Conduit is having trouble even finding a publisher...whereas Sony is really pushing LBP. One forebodes much better than the other.

I thought High Voltage had about ten different publishers asking for their game.

From Wikipedia:

Publisher

High Voltage Software began the development of The Conduit without a publisher. Soon after the game received a high amount of publicity, at least 10 companies expressed interest in publishing the game.[19] The developer claims that one of the reasons why many of its licensed games have generated poor reviews is because big publishers interfered with the game design process, and says that they want to do as much as they can with The Conduit before getting a publisher.[7] On September 2, 2008, High Voltage Software announced that they had selected the publisher for The Conduit, and that they would reveal their choice within the following weeks.[17]

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom