By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Conduit is starting to get overhyped.

Gnizmo said:
Zucas said:
I will stop putting it on a pedestal as soon as all the rest of you stop putting all those other stereotypical sci fi shooters on ones as well.. which yes include Resistance 2 and Gears 2.

Personally the only reason I'm looking forward to Conduit is I need another online FPS for the Wii.

The biggest difference is those games come from developers who have released good games. I agree it is stupid and annoying to put them on pedastalls but there is at least some good reason for it.

True and I guess they do have games that have "proven" the franchise although I disagree with many of the reviews.  Resistance and GoW should have both gotten 7s and 8s on their reviews but of course no hardcore reviewer in their right mind would ever give stereotypical shooters a bad score unless it's Haze haha.  So I guess that warrants more trust in the sequels being good than an unproven developer releasing a game but still I think we've all see enough from the Conduit to know it's a decent shooter.  Haven't seen anything to warrant it as a great one but we know it's going to be decent.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:
Agreed with gnizmo.

HVS made 50 cent bullet-proof.

'nuff said.

But really, the game is overhyped. I also agree with Kasz. As soon as the screens came out, it was apparently as good looking as a 360 game (there was a thread on this). That's before any info even came out, just a couple of screens.

So yes, it's been overhyped since it's inception.

Not 'nuff said. They made the PSP version of that game, which was reviewed as mediocre, but playable.

As for the screens, I give that, but some of the Wii bashers claim some of the high detail Wii games look worse than a PS2 game, so that's more proof of fanboys being fanboys than this game being overhyped.

If a disenting opinion from the opossite side of the fence is enough to make something not overhyped then nothing is actually overhyped.

Torillian said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:
Agreed with gnizmo.

'nuff said.

But really, the game is overhyped. I also agree with Kasz. As soon as the screens came out, it was apparently as good looking as a 360 game (there was a thread on this). That's before any info even came out, just a couple of screens.

Not 'nuff said. They made the PSP version of that game, which was reviewed as mediocre, but playable.

As for the screens, I give that, but some of the Wii bashers claim some of the high detail Wii games look worse than a PS2 game, so that's more proof of fanboys being fanboys than this game being overhyped.

If a disenting opinion from the opossite side of the fence is enough to make something not overhyped then nothing is actually overhyped.

I didn't claim it made it not overhyped. I pointed out that fanboy gushing isn't overhyping to begin with.

When this game gets some actual marketing, then we'll see if this is actually overhyped.

Same with Killzone 2, and Little Big Planet. We get some trailers and shots from the developers for all three games, but most of the percieved overhype is people here not shutting up about them.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Whats Conduit?

Anyways, I'll agree with you its overhyped including LBP and Killzone 2.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Torillian said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:
Agreed with gnizmo.

'nuff said.

I didn't claim it made it not overhyped. I pointed out that fanboy gushing isn't overhyping to begin with.

When this game gets some actual marketing, then we'll see if this is actually overhyped.

Same with Killzone 2, and Little Big Planet. We get some trailers and shots from the developers for all three games, but most of the percieved overhype is people here not shutting up about them.

With all the talk of overhype today I've been surprised at how many different definitions for overhyped there are.  There's overhyping of Sales, Quality.  And then difference come from what actually is overhyping....if it's from a forum or if it's from the media.

I don't disagree with your definition.....just musing.

Around the Network

BTW, for all the praise MoH Heroes 2 got for the controls, and all the gaming press who got to play the demos of this game report that the controls are improved, then we don't have much reason to assume the game will be anything less than decent and playable.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Million said:
I'm not sure wether it's overhyped or underhyped but the game doesn't looking to be pushing anything except the Wii's PS3's graphical capabilities , alot of people will be disapointed by this game.

See? Now it applies to LBP too =p

I have a weird feeling The Conduit will get an 8.2 (IGN)...

And Little Big Planet will get a 10 (everywhere).

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Torillian said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Torillian said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:
Agreed with gnizmo.

'nuff said.

With all the talk of overhype today I've been surprised at how many different definitions for overhyped there are.  There's overhyping of Sales, Quality.  And then difference come from what actually is overhyping....if it's from a forum or if it's from the media.

I don't disagree with your definition.....just musing.

What I meant was that a bunch of fanboys on a few forums isn't widespread enough to count as actual hype. A few may be sick of it from that, but uless they weren't going to buy the game anyway, that's not enough to hurt the game's sales.

So it may be overhyping for the scale of this board, I'll give that, but that comment that it looked like a 360 game is just fanboy ranting, not hype. If they say it's a guaranteed 5 million seller, or telling everyone to buy the game, that would be hyping it.

So it's the annoying insistance that every Wii owner should buy this that makes it overhyped to the scale of this message board. Which may not be enough to hurt the game, so I still don't say the thread title is right.

So now there's actual hype and fake hype I assume?

Okkkkay.