By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Famitsu - Shining Force coming to Wii

Morgyn said:
No, bad nintendo... stop letting them release games for your console...

I don't want to buy a wii =~(

Join us, Morgyn. We are the way of the future. Joooooooin uuuuuuuuussssssss....

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
pbroy said:
Naum said:
pbroy said:
outlawauron said:
Meh. The Shining Force games suck.

Just in case you didn't know, the PS2 Force games aren't true Shining Force games. Normally the SRPGs got the Force title. Everything else in the Shining Universe didn't. They messed up on the last two PS2 games by giving them Force titles.

Naa they didn't, well for us maybe but not for them since it probably made the game sell alot more then would without the "Force" word.

Yeah, thats what I think too. They made it a Force title to try to draw the old crowd back. It might have helped to sell more, but it might have ruined the Force brand. Lots of PS2 players don't know what a true Shining Force game is. If the game isn't to their liking, they might stay away from all future Force games and it's not even what Shining Force is really like.

This is me. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Camelot should just work on Golden Sun Wii

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

saicho said:
Camelot should just work on Golden Sun Wii

I believe Sega still owns the rights to the "Shining" series, so it's likely that they are.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

XiaoMay said:
Hum.

Sorry, I read the whole thing and there s NO MENTION of a Wii version.

It's all about DS version...

Maybe on another page ?

I couldn't find any mention of an unannounced Wii Shining Force game either.

Around the Network
pbroy said:

Yeah, thats what I think too. They made it a Force title to try to draw the old crowd back. It might have helped to sell more, but it might have ruined the Force brand. Lots of PS2 players don't know what a true Shining Force game is. If the game isn't to their liking, they might stay away from all future Force games and it's not even what Shining Force is really like.

Yup, thats pretty much my case, That NEO game left a bad taste in my mouth and i am not touching anything That series has to offer.

They say this series was SEGA's answer to Nintendo's Fire Emblem, Wow how is this a big insult to FE >:(.

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

So... Any confirmation on this or it's a fake?

@silverlunar777: Try to play the older games of the series.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Here’s a few other things that we know so far:

Developed by Flight Plan (Summon Night series)
Producer is Sega’s own Yoichi Shimosato (Shining Force III, Exa, and World Destruction)
Character designs by Pako (Shining Force EXA) and Noiji Ito (Haruhi Suzumiya series)
Strategy RPG
Top-down, isometric view
Turn-based movement while on the field (similar to originals)
Sideview once battles take place
Completely 2D
The battle system will allow players to team up their forces for combination attacks.

The rest of it is here:
http://www.seganerds.com/2008/09/03/new-shining-force-game-announced/

These infos are about the DS one, right?

About the Wii... Looks like the rumours are surrounding the Wii for some time:
http://seganerdsforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=amhspi97gjn9mnsbi0sr12vd03&topic=315.0

PS.: Ignore the "opinions" of the OP at this link, he is such a stupid guy I know some time ago...

EDIT: http://www.techzonept.com/showthread.php?t=314330 <- It's a little more "complete"

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

silverlunar777 said:
pbroy said:

Yup, thats pretty much my case, That NEO game left a bad taste in my mouth and i am not touching anything That series has to offer.

They say this series was SEGA's answer to Nintendo's Fire Emblem, Wow how is this a big insult to FE >:(.

If you've actually played a real Shining Force game, you won't be disappointed. Fire Emblem was the First SRPG to come out, but that was in Japan only back in 1990 on the NES. That is something that a lot of people don't know. I doubt that you've played it back then either. In the US, the first SRPG was Shining Force in 1993. Nobody really knew about Fire Emblem until 2003, which was when they first released a Fire Emblem game in the US. By then, Camelot Software Planning, originally Sonic Software Planning, partnered with Nintendo and already released 2 Golden Sun games. Camelot was the creator of the Shining Force series. So if you like Golden Sun, you'll like Shining Force. They are pretty similar to eachother.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence