By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Famitsu - Shining Force coming to Wii

shining force is made by sega, sega is really on fire now, with the way they are supporting the wii, i guess they are really thankfull for M&S at the olympycs sales

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network
Soriku said:

http://wiieveryday.blogspot.com/2008/09/famitsu-20080905.html

シャイニングフォース フェザー (Shining Force Feather) [DS]
a new shining force game is also planed for Wii, unannounced now...

---

This info comes from Creamsugar (a Japanese dude who gets info like this becauseof his translation skillz).

I expect this to be announced at TGS.

More Wii RPGs FTW! :D Hope it's made by Camelot.

Meh...Shining Force was never that good of a game anyway but who knows maybe this one'lll actually end up being good and i'll end up liking it.

t looks like w have an interesting split with RPGs this generatin--the 360 is geting most of the massive, big-budget games, while Wii is getting niche RPGs galore--weird, as RPGs have historically all been on pretty much one console.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

if true, this is something to get excited about. the shining force series was great on the genesis. however the srpg genre is limited and i want to see sega outdo nintendo's fire emblem on the wii.

thekitchensink said:
t looks like w have an interesting split with RPGs this generatin--the HD consoles are geting most of the massive, big-budget games, while Wii is getting niche RPGs galore--weird, as RPGs have historically all been on pretty much one console.

Fxed to reality(WKC is on the PS3 and it's a massive big budget JRPG)

Around the Network

SSSSSSWEETTTTTTTT!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Soriku said:
thekitchensink said:
t looks like w have an interesting split with RPGs this generatin--the 360 is geting most of the massive, big-budget games, while Wii is getting niche RPGs galore--weird, as RPGs have historically all been on pretty much one console.

Well...there's A LOT more niche RPGs than big budget RPGs so the Wii is getting more...

more doesnt mean better.

i would take fable 2 over opoona, dq swords, baroque combined.  and to date, doesnt the 360 have more rpgs out on retail than the wii?

i mean, besides those that ive mentioned isnt there only fff and fire emblem for wii?

to be fair, vc has a good number of classic rpgs which makes up that gap.

Soriku said:
swanie said:
Soriku said:
thekitchensink said:

Well...there's A LOT more niche RPGs than big budget RPGs so the Wii is getting more...

more doesnt mean better.

i would take fable 2 over opoona, dq swords, baroque combined. and to date, doesnt the 360 have more rpgs out on retail than the wii?

i mean, besides those that ive mentioned isnt there only fff and fire emblem for wii?

A lot of these niche RPGs are good though.

Valkyria Chronicles FTW

More Rpg's on the Wii , the sweetest my life is.

Soriku said:
swanie said:
Soriku said:
thekitchensink said:

more doesnt mean better.

i would take fable 2 over opoona, dq swords, baroque combined. and to date, doesnt the 360 have more rpgs out on retail than the wii?

A lot of these niche RPGs are good though.

the ones that have been released are really not up to par with the big budget rpgs.  the highest rated rpg on wii according to metacritic is fire emblem (unless there are some that i could think of) with a 78.  and even then you have to consider the fact that srpgs are just not accessible and have a limited audience. 

i am all for more rpgs, i just wish that developers tried just a little harder to make deeper and longer rpgs for the wii.  there are some coming up that have potential, but as of now, the hd consoles have the upper hand.