By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who thinks X360>Wii on 9/11 in Japan?

Maybe, but does Japan want Infinite undiscovery as much as Tales of versperia.

Around the Network
Tbone said:
Maybe, but does Japan want Infinite undiscovery as much as Tales of versperia.

I think the better question is,do the people that want IU already have a 360 because of ToV.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

^Probably yes, and consumers most certainly won't buy two of the same console within a few weeks...

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

''think the better question is,do the people that want IU already have a 360 because of ToV''

Or: Do all the people that whant Tales of Vesperia already have a 360.

No. Its over hundred thousand more possibly buyers, according to previous Tales of-sales. The question is, how many (more) will take the step to buy the console, lets find out next week.

I predict 20k+ hw-sales.

360 36k
Wii 34k
PS3 9k

Around the Network

I dun think 360 can sell more than 15k during the release week of IU.
Most of the hardcore JRPG fans already get their 360 during the launch of ToV,
and just have a check on the total sales of Tales of series on Wii,
i dun think the LTD sales of Tov in Japan can pass 180k,maybe not even 160k.
As for IU,since this is a new IP,predict 360 sales will boost up to almost 6~9k during the release week.
LTD sales of IU in Japan should be around 100k.

Beja-Beja said:
If it takes huge releases like Dynasty Warriors and MGS4 to move the ps3 past the wii for a week there is no way a new IP can help the 360.

Delusional.

Except for the week when Blue Dragon came out and 360 did 38k right? You're clearly an incredible genius.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

erikers said:
Beja-Beja said:
If it takes huge releases like Dynasty Warriors and MGS4 to move the ps3 past the wii for a week there is no way a new IP can help the 360.

Delusional.

Except for the week when Blue Dragon came out and 360 did 38k right? You're clearly an incredible genius.

holiday season says hai

DOATS1 said:
erikers said:
Beja-Beja said:

Delusional.

holiday season says hai

748% increase over the previous holiday week says Hi. 50% decrease in sales the next week during holiday season says Hi.

2007 "holiday season" where the 360 didn't reach 10k once in the last 8 weeks of the year says HI. Did you just actually try to insinuate it was the holiday season and not Blue Dragon? Just a random 748% increase in the second week of December right?

Have any other enlightening comments?

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

stevechan said:
I dun think 360 can sell more than 15k during the release week of IU.
Most of the hardcore JRPG fans already get their 360 during the launch of ToV,
and just have a check on the total sales of Tales of series on Wii,
i dun think the LTD sales of Tov in Japan can pass 180k,maybe not even 160k.
As for IU,since this is a new IP,predict 360 sales will boost up to almost 6~9k during the release week.
LTD sales of IU in Japan should be around 100k.

He's not saying that it will be because of IU(though that might be a small boost), but because on 9/11 is the price cut of the 360 in Japan (Arcade to 19800 yen from 27800 yen and the Elite down to 39800 yen from 47800 yen, roughly in line with the US price cut) as well as the introduction of the 60gb 360 at 29800 yen. 9/11 is also when the new shipments of 360's should be arriving from MS as they are pretty much sold out in most places in Japan at the moment, which should add to the spike.

To the guy who said that the Wii is supply constrained, well it's not at all here in Japan. It's very easy to find a Wii here. Now during the holidays that might change, but it's been easy to find for quite awhile now.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"