By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why the 360 price cuts won"t hurt the ps3!

"With less than a year on the market the ps3 managed to overtake the Xbox 360 in Europe"

Wait a second, didn't the PS3 just recently surpass the 360 install base in Europe in June or something? That's definitely not less than a year. More like a year and a few months.

Around the Network

xbox360 is more popular in the USA than Europe and Japan, it might have some boost if they release some quality software at the same time, around the EU price cut they only had ninja gaiden 2 as new game and that game is sort of a niche in Europe, in USA with gears2 around the corner they could have some good sales, how long will the price-cut effect last i don't know.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
obieslut said:
you forgot to mention

better

games
looking console
controller
features
disk drive
HDD
graphics

and other various stuff.

pluss i dont think the NA price cut will effect the s3 because if it was then the ps3's sales would have been going down already in anticipation of the 360 price cut.

And that the PS3 is 1000x more powerful than the Xbox 360!!

Not!

I will agree on megaman2 on his points but obieslut most of that is OPINION not fact.

It will only affect the PS3 a little bit.

Will see by xmas if the 360 is 5 to 6 million a head it was a good move by ms. lets face it 360 beats ps3 in americas.

PS3 pushes more HW while 360 gets the games......wtf?????

Around the Network
Seihyouken said:
"With less than a year on the market the ps3 managed to overtake the Xbox 360 in Europe"

Wait a second, didn't the PS3 just recently surpass the 360 install base in Europe in June or something? That's definitely not less than a year. More like a year and a few months.

The most accurate figur 1 year and 1 month

Dear OP,

What would you say are the reasons why the PS3's future price drops will not affect Wii sales hence not ever being able for Sony to catch up to Nintendo?

What are you looking at, nerd?
Daddo Splat said:
Will see by xmas if the 360 is 5 to 6 million a head it was a good move by ms. lets face it 360 beats ps3 in americas.

I agree with you, but let me ask you this if both consoles laucnhed at the same time, would the 360 be leading in america??

megaman2 said:
Daddo Splat said:

I agree with you, but let me ask you this if both consoles laucnhed at the same time, would the 360 be leading in america??

Yes... the PS3 would have cost even more than it did on it's late launch and that alone could have spelled it's doom... but really they couldn't have done it unless they dropped BR and then that would kind of take one of the reasons for having one away.

StanGable said:
Dear OP,

What would you say are the reasons why the PS3's future price drops will not affect Wii sales hence not ever being able for Sony to catch up to Nintendo?

The nintendo wii is a pop phenomenon, everyboy wants and its priced beautifully at 250, but the ps3 at start of launch was twice the price of the wii, ith ps3 and the wii wee both priced at $250 sales would be differently.