By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why the 360 price cuts won"t hurt the ps3!

megaman2 said:

Despite a price cut in Europe and the ps3 being priced higher, the ps3 has consistenly outsold the Xbox 360 in the Pal terortories. This because of a few reasons they are:

• Brand name/loyal fanbase
  • Rrod
  • If you do not agree with me please state your reason for this so we can all have a sensible discussion, love to hear your thoughts!

Thank you, guys

1) Yes there are many blind Sony ignorant Fanboys here Europe unfortunately

2) RRoD is mostly happening in the old Xbox360 versions of 2005 the newer versions are way better

I have my X360 for almost a year and i do not have any problems

Around the Network

@Sotos "Yes there are many blind Sony ignorant Fanboys here Europe unfortunately"

Mind your words ignorant MS Fanboys

u mintion the RROD just for trolling i think .. we all know that the RROD problem are solved.

Sotos said:
megaman2 said:

Despite a price cut in Europe and the ps3 being priced higher, the ps3 has consistenly outsold the Xbox 360 in the Pal terortories. This because of a few reasons they are:

• Brand name/loyal fanbase
  • Rrod
  • If you do not agree with me please state your reason for this so we can all have a sensible discussion, love to hear your thoughts!

Thank you, guys

1) Yes there are many blind Sony ignorant Fanboys here Europe unfortunately

2) RRoD is mostly happening in the old Xbox360 versions of 2005 the newer versions are way better

I have my X360 for almost a year and i do not have any problems

Well done Sotos...after 4 posts youve proved your love for your 360, and from your sig and about me section on your profile that love is pretty evident.

But you dont need to come here and start calling people fanboys, and especially not ignorant fanboys. With only 4 posts to your name, it wont go down well. Dont make the wrong impression so quickly.

Thats just some friendly advice

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Daddo Splat said:
Will see by xmas if the 360 is 5 to 6 million a head it was a good move by ms. lets face it 360 beats ps3 in americas.

you sure about that?!

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Jan 2008 to 30th Aug 2008:

Console PS3
America

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Jan 2008 to 30th Aug 2008:

Console X360
America

Around the Network

HDD you say? The Arcade SKU can play any 360 game without the need for a HDD,you save the game on the 256 mb memory card included in the box.

Play on Live you say? You don`t need a HDD to play on Live,so the 199$ price tag is great. Actually,the 360 is at half the price of the ps3 WorldWide. I think it will hurt Sony`s sales.

RRoD you say? I think that`s the real problem. The Jasper model is for september-october and it will be very reliable. All the 360 exclusives should seal the  good 199$ deal.

.......I may buy a second 360.

NNN2004 said:

u mintion the RROD just for trolling i think .. we all know that the RROD problem are solved.

it has not. the 360 is still the MOST returned system in the console war right now. its a problem and everyone still thinks its a problem and that is even worse.

second 360.......omg that is too few.
you should get at lest five of it.
for what MS cut 360 price when you just want to get a second 360

wii a pop phenomenon? is that argument still valid?

The PS3 lose. get over it.