By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can Microsoft afford another price cut??? erm NO

Yes, Microsoft cannot afford the price cut even though they can afford to buy Yahoo for $51 billion dollars.

Around the Network
obieslut said:
well i will have to say you lot seas to ammaze me really.

a new level of stupidness has just been reached that i thought was humanly impossible. lol

on a true though microsft need to start making money at some point. and sony made a profit last quarter so no need to mention them in this thread so people quit trolling and if you are incapable of having an intelligent conversation about microsofts financial difficulties

then disperse from my thread and dont come back

You are the king of not being able to have an intelligent conversation. Every post you make is Sony Splooge. Are you getting payed by them, or do you just like taking it in the bum that much?

Back to the topic of the thread. Why are you even talking about ANOTHER price cut when they just announced this one?

Just kiss the tip.

obieslut said:
well i will have to say you lot seas to ammaze me really.

a new level of stupidness has just been reached that i thought was humanly impossible. lol

on a true though microsft need to start making money at some point. and sony made a profit last quarter so no need to mention them in this thread so people quit trolling and if you are incapable of having an intelligent conversation about microsofts financial difficulties

then disperse from my thread and dont come back

@ Bolded

Proof that you are

a) Mad

b) trolling

c) mentally challenged

d) Joke account

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

The Fury said:
Sardauk said:
The Fury said:
c0rd said:
The Fury said:
Sardauk said:

Even then, Sony has something out of those technologies, Blu-Ray, if this is Sony's last game console gen then they can be in the knowledge that Blu-ray succeeded in the HD market. What does M$ have?

M$ wouldn't have gained anything directly, however you can say they've destroyed (or at least weakened) the Playstation brand . Many believe the threat of Sony's PS cutting into Microsoft is the reason they got into console gaming in the first place.

Now, I'm just confused. In what way was Playstation ever threat to M$?

... or did I mistake what you were getting at?

No no, you right about it, that is some very good input. Don't get me wrong about iTunes, it was an example of business model, not technology.

I don't think it is digital equivalent, it is just another way of making money  (in the end, that is the goal of every company). The Bluray technology is truly an evolution ... but isn't it too late already ? The XBOX remains first a gaming plateform linked to online content... but that trojan dream in the living room... I don't know ... 

What I'm saying is that I believe the classic console/distribution mode is dead. The console is the vector not the center of the system. Edit, distribute a cd (while all the commercial intermediates)... this is almost dead (a bit like the CD market). 

If everybody had a huge HD on the console and a globalized distribution market on the internet (a bit like Valves is doing with SteamEngine)... who needs BlueRay ? We will reach this situation in the coming year, storage is less and less expensive while internet connection are going at very fast speed. 

It is all about services (XBLA/PSN), not media .. I think ... 

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

obieslut said:
soon the games are going to be more expensive the n the console if they carry on,

anyway so by looking at the other thread i guess microsoft does not care about profit.

Hey jackass, we are still waiting about your sources...  You started this post, so you should feel more responsible about explaining where did you found your projections and figures ! 

Otherwise, you and your fanboys league will prove to be, again, responsible for pooring sh*t on forum...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

i dont think microsoft wants to make profit, just market gain.

360 will soon be under £100 in the uk, which is a sign that it will drop off later on in time.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Microsoft could give every house hold a free console and they would still be in business, but why bother when people will buy at $200 (judging from the threads and interest from US and even *gasp* Japan) ? Breaking even is better then losing $200 outright.

I'm guessing if the chips are as cheap as everyone claims we will see the 360 at $150 next year (Arcade) and $225 or so 60 gig Pro.

It's just that simple.

M$ as like 62 billion, so I think they can afford it ;)

obieslut said:
psrock said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
psrock said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
psrock said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
psrock said:
they have no choice.

Of course they have a choice. It's the perfect way to kick off the new holiday season.

no, it's the only way to keep up.

You have your facts backwards, Sony is trailing Microsoft. You people love to ignore the bigger picture just because small weekly increments give you hope. You need to give it up that the PS3 is not the PS2. Sony took a totally different route this gen and they are paying dearly for it. Microsoft can play that game too. A price drop will produce larger results than that of Sony. Sony has a year or so until they can afford to pander to the same crowd Microsoft has waited to be attracting this year.

Are you referring to the 12 months lead? How will you guys react when the ps3 catch the 360, i can't wait.

I hope you know that this price drop could cause Microsoft to sell 4-6 Mil consoles worldwide all the way to the end of the holiday season. Sony cannot take a hit like that this year.

lol, what? how? please tell me.

wow bold prediction. i am willing to bet it wont

If XB360 is in a healthy state, selling 4 mln consoles since 1 Sept. up to the end of holiday season wouldn't be such an extraordinary thing, nor an outlandish prediction, so if XB360 needs a price cut to achieve this result, this isn't 100% good for it. 6 mln would be much better, but nothing extraordinary, it would mean the price cut simply worked, Xmas holiday season is the most important for sales, a company willing to sell, for example, 10 mln items in a year, how many millions should sell since 1 September to 31 December?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

This year for 360 is going to be even bigger than last year, and with the sub-$200 price point, sales in NA are going to be HIGH...I wouldn't be surprise to see this challenge Wii this holiday season.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder