By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can Microsoft afford another price cut??? erm NO

Last quater the games division was in the red, now microsoft are talking about price cuts and everything else. but what i am thinking is can they afford it. to me it just seems like they are in the games business just to try and hurt sony but they will have to make a profit at some point because if no then why are they in this business. they are billions of dollas in the red with the xbox brand and with the way they are going they are only going to get even deepr into the red.

I think if they kep up lik this then they are not going to last in the games market too long

Around the Network

Another price cut? My god the 360 console would cost less than the 360 games

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

The games division is encapsulated in another division and the specifics for each sub division are not known.  Perhaps the debt free company knows what they are doing.

colonelstubbs said:

LMAO.

colonelstubbs said:

saying that 2 games cost as much as a console, well almost

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:

SPEECHLESS

Right, because you truly know everything and MS doesn't have piles of money.

Looks like the SDF cares more about this price cut than anybody else.

Don't be foolish, September 7th is the third year price cut to open up the market to the lower income buyers. This is where the majority of the money is made. Sony did it with the PS2 as well so stop complaining.

Its already been made official. Obviously MS thinks they can afford it. More than likely they are already making a profit and with the new smaller GPU it will still be making a healthy profit.

Arcade probably loses a little, however that is more than made up by the Premium and Elite sales.