By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP will be Mario killer

Fernando said:
Griffin said:
I'm not sure LBP needs to be a Mario killer, Nintendo already killed him with the leap to 3D. I'm not saying the 3D Mario games are bad, they are just bad Mario games.

What are you talking about?

Super Mario 64 is still one of the best 3D platformers. Is still very enjoyable these days. And Super Mario Galaxy was one of the best games from last year, awarding Game of the Year (together with BioShock) in several websites and magazines.

Heck, Super Mario Galaxy is better reviewed than every PS3 exclusive, even more than MGS4.

I never said Mario64 was not a good 3D platformer, i'm just saying the series peaked in the 2D era.  There are many fanboy reviewers all over the place, thats why galaxy was rated so high.  And the fact that Bioshock won many games of the year proves this.  The game crashed with about 5 hours left, going from good to very bad.

Around the Network

Give it a rest and grow up. I think LBP looks like a fine game. I'm sure it will do well and sell some systems but if you seriously think it will suddenly push the PS3 into first place and Nintendo into bankruptcy; I would recommend professional counseling.

Post when you have some actual information about a game and quit wasting our time with system killer BS.

Rock_on_2008 said:

Move over Mario here comes Sack Boy. LBP on PS3 looks like the greatest and most exciting platformer in years. I am so looking forward to LBP on PS3. LBP will offer so much to gamers: casuals and hardcores.

October will be a great month when LBP launches worldwide on PS3.

BTW: In case you do not know LBP = Little Big Planet

Bwahahahahahahaha ZOMG that is the single most stupid dumbass thing I have ever F**king read anywhere ever. Oh yeah one LBP game will overtake 30 years of mario. Mario will always be biger than anything sony could produce FACT.

They said the same from Sonic and see what happened.

btw, I do like Sonic =P

Is the author of this thread joking? I hope so.

Around the Network

Dewey Cox should have written a song about LBP. It'll be big and huge and walk hard. ;)

I'm still not sure how things are going to turn out for LBP. It's got a lot of hype, a lot of it all seems to be people just joking around. Will the joking about it help it's sales in the end?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

DarkNight_DS said:
Dewey Cox should have written a song about LBP. It'll be big and huge and walk hard. ;)

I'm still not sure how things are going to turn out for LBP. It's got a lot of hype, a lot of it all seems to be people just joking around. Will the joking about it help it's sales in the end?

really? i haven't gotten that impression at all.. the people who are hyped for it seem fairly genuine about their hype for it.. that doesn't mean anything though in terms of how well it'll do in sales

Anytime someone post one of these threads, it pretty much guarantees the opposite is going to happen. So you can thank Rock for giving Mario a boost.

mario galaxy/kart have sold like over 10 million together. mario wont be dead for a while

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

lol this is a joke thread right there is no way the lbp is a mario killer lol

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99