By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamespot reviews Infinite Undiscovery - 6.5

Jandre002 said:

Holy sh*t! Gamereactor gave the game 5/10!
WhoTF is Gamereactor? Lol.

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgamereactor.dk%2Fanmeldelser%2F70794%2FInfinite%2BUndiscovery%2F&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&sl=da&tl=en

Swedish/norwegian magazine, they gave blue dragon 8 btw. So 5 is really bad

Around the Network

Fifteen hours is so short for an RPG.

Bleh.. I don't trust Gamespot. But... a 20 hour JRPG? I won't rush to buy... however.. I will..

Rock_on_2008 said:
Any game review below 8/10 is below average. 8' and 9's are handed out to most games these days from reviewers.

Gamespot gave Folklore a 7 and Disgaea 3 a 7.5.  I only watched about half of Folklore at a buddy's place, but I've played through a good bit of Disgaea 3 on my roomie's new PS3, and I think the game is definitely better than a 7.5

I've basically come to accept that unless the game is called "Final Fantasy", western reviewers give JRPGs about 1 to 1.5 points in score less than I would give the same game. I've got some other shit to finish, and then I'm going to tackle ToV and IU.  I think I might play through IU first. 

Oh... and DmeisterJ, I beat Final Fantasy 12 in about 25 hours my first playthrough just cause I wanted to get through it and wasn't really enjoying the combat or the story.  I'll eat my hat if "15 hours" is the entirety of IU, cause you and I both know it isn't, especially when you throw in Tri-Ace's famous bonus dungeons.

Torillian said:
Seems reviewers can't decide what they want from a JRPG these days, the reviews for Disgaea 3, IU, and ToV are all over the board.

But all those plays differently:  Disgaea = grid-based strategic rpg, IU = real-time action rpg, ToV = pseudo real time RPG.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Reasonable said:
starcraft said:
Gearbox said:
hum. so i guess another flopped excluisve? Man we are seeing a lot of these *cough haze too human cough *

Too Human sold 130k in the USA alone first week with little to no hype and is at almost 70 on Metacritic.

IT will FAR outsellf Haze which is at 55 on Metacritic with substantial hype pre-release (post becoming PS3 exclusive).

While I think Too Human is better than maligned to be it sure had plenty of Hype before release.  It sold okay considering IMHO but to say 'little to no hype' is like saying Halo 3 launched with only a 'moderate amount of hype' - i.r.e pretty far from the truth.

You think Too Human had any hype from fans on or near release?

The ONLY people initiating talk about Too Human were PS3 fans that thought it would bomb and Dennis Dyack........

If all we're talking about is on or near release then I think that Too Human had the same amount of hype as Haze.  Both had disturbing previews and both were mainly forgotten by the time they actually released.

starcraft said:
Gearbox said:
hum. so i guess another flopped excluisve? Man we are seeing a lot of these *cough haze too human cough *

Too Human sold 130k in the USA alone first week with little to no hype and is at almost 70 on Metacritic.

IT will FAR outsellf Haze which is at 55 on Metacritic with substantial hype pre-release (post becoming PS3 exclusive).

Too Human had no hype?

okkkay.

Sansui said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Any game review below 8/10 is below average. 8' and 9's are handed out to most games these days from reviewers.

Gamespot gave Folklore a 7 and Disgaea 3 a 7.5.  I only watched about half of Folklore at a buddy's place, but I've played through a good bit of Disgaea 3 on my roomie's new PS3, and I think the game is definitely better than a 7.5

I've basically come to accept that unless the game is called "Final Fantasy", western reviewers give JRPGs about 1 to 1.5 points in score less than I would give the same game. I've got some other shit to finish, and then I'm going to tackle ToV and IU.  I think I might play through IU first. 

Oh... and DmeisterJ, I beat Final Fantasy 12 in about 25 hours my first playthrough just cause I wanted to get through it and wasn't really enjoying the combat or the story.  I'll eat my hat if "15 hours" is the entirety of IU, cause you and I both know it isn't, especially when you throw in Tri-Ace's famous bonus dungeons.

I agree with you completely. My roommate has Disgaea 3, I have put 15 hours into Disgaea 3 so far. Gamespot, as usual, is completely off base. So far I'd give the game an 8.5 the only reason I wouldn't rate it higher is that I'd have to knock off a point for the graphics. Disgaea 3 is an excellent game.

@Badgenome

I agree with you as well. A lot of these self professed JRPG fans on this forum are Sony fanboys. A fan of the genre buys the console that actually provides them games in that genre.

how disappointing m heart bleeds not.

erm well maybe it will getter better reviews off the other sites en it,

I'm not sure why people were expecting anything higher from this game, a 20hour RPG with technical issues due to the 360's weak performance of a system. This is just more proof that Blu-ray is needed for next gen games.