By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamespot reviews Infinite Undiscovery - 6.5

doesn't Gamespot hate any RPGs that aren't western

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Seems reviewers can't decide what they want from a JRPG these days, the reviews for Disgaea 3, IU, and ToV are all over the board.

That's because a lot of reviewers hate traditional RPGs and always laments when one isn't instead an action game with tacked on RPG aspects.

While others are reviewed by JRPG fanboys who have been playing them since like... the SNES or earlier.

The second group should lose via attrition eventually.

spdk1 said:

They didn't hate the worst RPG of all time, Dragon Quest VIII

Gamespot sucks and so does any other reviewer out there. I hate reviews, its beginning to piss me the freak off, how some people can let a review basically sway them from taking a tour of it.

I like this game, by the looks of previews I read and the gameplay videos. It looks rather entertaining and worth my time. The battle system looks spot on and so does the graphics and story.

I am purchasing it.

It's just annoying and dumb seeing so many threads on the front page saying "this reviewer gave this game a 4.5 out of 10 or 9 out of 10"....

Gearbox said:
hum. so i guess another flopped excluisve? Man we are seeing a lot of these *cough haze too human cough *

Don't worry, It'll be better when it comes to PS3

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
markers said:
i knew it wasnt going to be a great jrpg once i found out it was 15-20 hours (with minimal sidequests)

but oh well i bet its still worth a rent, atleast i am going to :]

Well duh, 1 DVD can't hold that much. The lack of Blu-ray held back it's potential, now the PS3 version will be gimped. u_u

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

spdk1 said:

That's not true. They like ToV and gave it an 8.5/10.

pbroy said:
markers said:
i knew it wasnt going to be a great jrpg once i found out it was 15-20 hours (with minimal sidequests)

Well duh, 1 DVD can't hold that much. The lack of Blu-ray held back it's potential, now the PS3 version will be gimped. u_u

Yep, just like FFVII was held back by not having Blu-Ray.

So anybody get this game yet? I almost got it today. Was just at Best Buy. Customer Service line was so long. They didn't have any copies, said they'll be in tomorrow. The other Best Buys in my area have it though, but I'm too lazy to drive any further.

On a side note. I saw lots of people buying 360 stuff. Some lady was in line with a
360 Pro and Rock Band. She's got some lucky kid. Then some other guy was buying Guitar Hero 3 with guitar. Another guy was buying a 360 Pro with Ninja Gaiden 2. Nobody else bought any games for other systems.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

JaggedSac said:
pbroy said:
markers said:

Yep, just like FFVII was held back by not having Blu-Ray.

well can't tell that happened with FFVII but it for sure did with FFVIII and FFIX.  It was a pain that some towns/areas were closed in later CD's because the lack of space.. (Sucks if you needed an special item in that area).