By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kingdom hearts is overrated

I didn't like KH either... I wouldn't say it's overrated but it's not that great. After hearing praise by some people, I decided to play it and I just couldn't finish it. Nothing makes sense in this game, the battle system is okay, but not amazing, the story is weird, camera is crap and wtf are FF characters doing in a game with Disney characters... It's just unbearable.

Disagree with me but remember the word OPINION. (That goes especially for you Soriku)

Around the Network

I agree. Kingdom Hearts has a very serious problem - the battles!
They are exactly the same, it has TONS of them on every next step and after a while it gets frustrating. You can easily speak over the phone and press the buttons randomly without even looking at the screen and the battles keep going. Somehow they found a way to avoid any serious storyline and exploration developement by stuffing the gameplay with countless mini-battles. Lame. Needless to mention the crap camera and the very big steps of the characters (that makes it difficult to land them on some small pillar or anythiing similar).

I only enjoy the beautiful settings of the classic and newer Disney films and the cameos of some characters.
Other than that I think it's boring.

Master Mii Artisan 

Liar said:
story, dont see what all the rave is about. i know most jrpgs have terrible storylines but this was one of the worst. stealing peoples heart and making heartless and whatever. controlling the whole world with hearts. no no no.

Kingdom Hearts storyline is better than a lot of the 'save the world from madman who wants to become god' stories in many  other JRPGs

Liar said:
story, dont see what all the rave is about. i know most jrpgs have terrible storylines but this was one of the worst. stealing peoples heart and making heartless and whatever. controlling the whole world with hearts. no no no.

I wouldn't call most JRPG stories terrible, just meh

It's too late to get a box of popcorn =(

KH1 was beyond terrible, but KH2 is 4th best PS2 game ever.

Around the Network
shanbcn said:
Another one bashing PS exclusives games.

I think Kingdom Hearts lost that label with the release of Chain of Memories. Also it loses it even more with 358/2.

sc94597 said:
shanbcn said:
Another one bashing PS exclusives games.

I think Kingdom Hearts lost that label with the release of Chain of Memories. Also it loses it even more with 358/2.

Main games like KH1, KH2 and KH3.

Liar said:
characters, so its sora who is the hero. a 12 to 15 year old boy is the hero. he's just an ordinary boy then he gets chosen by the keyblade and becomes super bad ass and strong. WTF! so he can take lots of damage save the world, and do lots of damage to his enemies with the keyblade. BS. he is weak. there is no strong characteristics in him. he is a brat who wants kairi all by himself.

riku is cool, but still same reason as sora but he does get awesome powers by malificent. kairi is alright but needs better hcaracter built up. i didn't care for her throughout the whole game. all she was built up was just soras friend that he cared deeply about for about 1 hour.

donald and goofy, annoying.

Donald and Goofy are not as annoying and arrogant as Riku. He's the most annoying charcter in a videogame, EVER.

Also, Sora started out aged 14. Pay attention or at least know what you're talking about if you're gonna bash the game.

MadHatter said:

I agree. Kingdom Hearts has a very serious problem - the battles!
They are exactly the same, it has TONS of them on every next step and after a while it gets frustrating. You can easily speak over the phone and press the buttons randomly without even looking at the screen and the battles keep going. Somehow they found a way to avoid any serious storyline and exploration developement by stuffing the gameplay with countless mini-battles. Lame. Needless to mention the crap camera and the very big steps of the characters (that makes it difficult to land them on some small pillar or anythiing similar).

I only enjoy the beautiful settings of the classic and newer Disney films and the cameos of some characters.
Other than that I think it's boring.

I guess like most games, KH is to each their own. I mean I love the battle system, it's simple enough to suit an action orientated feel yet at the same time can include RPG aspects like magic, customisations etc.

And I find it hard to play like you suggest above, button mashing like a lot of game can only get you so far.

Hmm, pie.

Soriku will not be happy seeing this thread. Well I have never played KH series so no comment.