Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon shows Little Big Planet already a bomb?

pbroy said:
skip said:
Munkeh111 said:
People are going to pre-order far more from game spot anyway because of the kratos sackboy inclusion

this.

out of all the stores amazon gets the worst preorder bonus (my opinion). a mini digital strategy guide which if pc based will be available to anyone over p2p networks, or if locked to ps3 will likely be available on the pc as screenshots.

gamecrazy gets a burlap sack for game case storage with sackboy artwork.

gamestop/ebgames gets kratos sackboy

circuitcity gets a littlebig sticker book

and ???? bestbuy/futureshop/walmart gets a nariko sackgirl by default  (hasn't been announced but are the only major stores left)

+ as always amazons chartz have little relation to whats actually happening in the market.

I will get all of those somehow. n_n

Your gonna preorder it 5 times wow, you must have alot of money =S

Around the Network

Amazon's sales rankings are not a good indicator of actual sales, but (typically) they have been show to over-estimate the sales of a console or its games ...

In my opinion, the most unrealistic predictions for Little Big Planet are the ones that have becomming an instant blockbuster like (may of) the PS3's other big selling games. Not being highly ranked pre-sales on Amazon, or having a low first week in sales do not necessarily mean that Little Big Planet will be a bomb ... If its sales have dropped off after a couple of months I think it will then become time to make that claim.

HappySqurriel said:

Amazon's sales rankings are not a good indicator of actual sales, but (typically) they have been show to over-estimate the sales of a console or its games ...

In my opinion, the most unrealistic predictions for Little Big Planet are the ones that have becomming an instant blockbuster like (may of) the PS3's other big selling games. Not being highly ranked pre-sales on Amazon, or having a low first week in sales do not necessarily mean that Little Big Planet will be a bomb ... If its sales have dropped off after a couple of months I think it will then become time to make that claim.

's true.  If LBP ends up successful it'll probably be with long legs instead of a huge opening week.

hmmmm amazon.ca lists wall-e as the 12th best selling ps3 title.

a game launched on 06/24/08 that has only managed to move 80,000 copies worldwide (by vgchartz data)

ohh my god it must be selling better than madden 09. teh endz of teh worldz

madden is at the 20th spot on the list (ps3)

a game launched on 08/12/08 that has managed to move 570,000 copies worldwide (by vgchartz data)

i find it funny when a ps3 game is high up on the amazon chart all the sony fans say wow look at amazon but when its sells badly they all say amazon dosnt matter anyway... a bit strange

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

Around the Network

for my personal view, LBP will be success.
I will like to get it on the first day it release.
So will LBP be a failure ?? i don't know
But we will know it when the time come.

It doesn't matter. No matter how many times you say Amazon rankings are effectively useless for gauging overall sales, there are people who will misuse Amazon rankings. I've given up trying to correct people anymore because they won't listen period.

i love xbox360 said:
i find it funny when a ps3 game is high up on the amazon chart all the sony fans say wow look at amazon but when its sells badly they all say amazon dosnt matter anyway... a bit strange

But to make your argument work, you need to call specific people out.  Making blanket statements like you did are easily disproven.  Unless of course you can find me ever saying that Amazon sales matterred ever.  As I'm a Sony fan and I'l like to see how your theory holds.

The game is not going to bomb. Has way too much hype behind it.

most people would think 2 million would be good, not many people think it will reach 10 million or whatever

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia