By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - J.J. Abrams mystery movie, is it Godzilla or something else?

Here's a link to the trailer for it. 

http://1-18-08.livejournal.com/1334.html

I guess it's not Godzilla (I've been reading up about it on IMDB).  It should definately be interesting whatever it is.

Around the Network

The scream does not sound anything like Godzilla..Wikipedia says it's about an alien monster called "the Parasite". Movie's name is "Cloverfield".

J.J. Abrams

Cloverfield

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

I couldn't think of anything but Godzilla.

If it chopped off the head of the Statue of Liberty, that must mean it came from the sea, right?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

looked interesting

It's Chtulhu people, the myspace page of that guy almost confirms it.

http://www.myspace.com/ethanhaaswasright

That's the alternate reality game which unlocks clues (they are already on youtube if you 're bored.)

http://www.ethanhaaswasright.com/

Creepy viral marketing, but interesting. People have noticed a lot of numbers floating around, so it might had to to something with Lost too.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network

oh god...if it's Cthulhu...

This movie is going to either be crap or the best thing man created since fire...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

1) Movie's name is not Cloverfield - that's just a "cover name" to avoid attention while filming.

2) After the 1998 Godzilla, no way in hell Toho's letting another Gaijin near that franchise.

3) Before anyone gets too worked up about seeing the Old Ones, understand that this is supposed to be a relatively low budget affair, mostly shot with hand held cameras by people "at the scene". Think of it as Signs meets Godzilla meets The Blair Witch Project.

I like the style of Signs...

In fact the only part I didn't like about Signs was the alien at the end...I understand they needed to show the alien...but it was disappointing. I think whatever the alien looked like, it would be disappointing, because the whole movie messed with your mind.

They did show the grainy handheld cam recording of that hispanic birthday party...and that scared the sh*t outta me the first time I saw Signs. It was very believable.

If this movie is all handheld cameras, it *could* be good. We'll see.

One thing...how do you know it's handheld cameras through the whole movie? Honestly, when I watched the trailer for the first time...I kinda figured they did the whole handheld camera for dramatic effect, makes it feel more real, etc...but that was just to get attention for the movie. I didn't think the actual movie would be handheld. Now I don't know.

In the words of the fat kid in Transformers, "This is like, a hundred times cooler than Armageddon, I swear!" 100 times better than Michael Bay's Armageddon? Not hard to accomplish hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Please let it be Cthulhu!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

BenKenobi88 said:
I like the style of Signs...

In fact the only part I didn't like about Signs was the alien at the end...I understand they needed to show the alien...but it was disappointing. I think whatever the alien looked like, it would be disappointing, because the whole movie messed with your mind.

They did show the grainy handheld cam recording of that hispanic birthday party...and that scared the sh*t outta me the first time I saw Signs. It was very believable.

If this movie is all handheld cameras, it *could* be good. We'll see.

One thing...how do you know it's handheld cameras through the whole movie? Honestly, when I watched the trailer for the first time...I kinda figured they did the whole handheld camera for dramatic effect, makes it feel more real, etc...but that was just to get attention for the movie. I didn't think the actual movie would be handheld. Now I don't know.

In the words of the fat kid in Transformers, "This is like, a hundred times cooler than Armageddon, I swear!" 100 times better than Michael Bay's Armageddon? Not hard to accomplish hehe.

First, I agree about the handheld, but there will be plenty who won't. I just don't want people expecting to see something more akin to the last 30 minutes of TFs, and bitching because they didn't get it.

Second, the camera thing is rumor right now - this is a film with no title which the studio claims isn't being made. IMDB can only "confirm" 4 actors so far, and this is a site that regularly reports wild rumors as truth. Given the speed and stealth at which this is being done, I think it lends credibility to the handheld rumor.